𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐢.━━━ teen spirit

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Life and Unrequited Love"

" 'When someone walks into your heart, through an open door' "

Kiara looked in the mirror and smiled as she realized how much has changed since the day she arrived into the Fray household. She was taller, more confident and bold. Her angular frame was sharper and for the past 7 years, the girl didn't have shadows under her grey eyes. She could never remember where she was until she arrived in New York. Whenever she tried, she couldn't see past an unexplained hazy gap in her memory, to this day Kiara could never quite explain it but she tried to not think about her past at all.

Kiara changed into the clothes she brought with her; a pair of black, ripped shorts and a strapless, black denim top with a little cleavage and a pair of black knee-high boots. She dabbed a little make up and clipped a pair silver earrings that curled up her helix like a snake.

 Kiara clutched her shoulder, as another spark of irritation resonated. The scar was almost visible, quickly, she began to re-apply her makeup. Kiara looked back at the mirror and the girl gasped, her irises were glowing silver and her pupils were slits. Not again. Kiara blinked and they turned back to their original grey. This has happened to her three times before, since she turned 18 last year. Every time Kiara thought about her past, they appear as if trying to tell her something. She never told anyone, it was freaky.

Throwing on a smokey grey, sleeveless hoodie to hide her top from Jocelyn, the girl headed down stairs to see Luke in the kitchen with Jocelyn and Clary, who she noticed wore a green hoodie to hide her top as well.

"Hey, Luke, what's up?", Kiara said, running over to hug him. Adjusting her position so it didn't hurt her shoulder.

"I'll never understand why people ask that. It's the sky." Luke shook his head, he beamed when he saw Clary. "And I got you these", giving Clary a box of spray paint.

"Oh, they're perfect", she said picking one up.

"If I catch any of that paint on city walls, I will arrest Kiara." Luke threatened. Kiara poked out of her hiding spot behind Jocelyn.

"Why are you arresting me? I couldn't draw to save my life. Much less embarrass myself by spraying graffiti." Kiara pouted.

"The only reason the paint would end up there in the first place, is because you made her do it." Luke waved aside her argument. Kiara gaped and tried to make a smart come back but she ended up opening and closing her mouth like a goldfish.

"Case withdrawn." Kiara slumped on a kitchen stool. 

"The paint is for Simon's van", said Clary patting the older girls back, sympathetically.

"We're insisting that Simon renames the band", Kiara said, to change the topic, while Clary nodded vigorously.

"Oh, yes, please", agreed Luke and he saw the stele poking out of Clary's hoodie and Kiara's short's pocket. She didn't know why she kept it with her but its touch felt oddly comforting, in her hands." Did Jocelyn talk to you about that?", he asked.