"do you need anything?" yiren asked quite annoyed as she stopped on her tracks.

"well- i was wondering.. if you could watch over yoon-oh for tonight my parents are so annoying saying they need me to be present at this meeting when it's a monday night" he said really fast.

"woah really?" the girl smiled brightly for the first time today. she got excited at the fact of seeing the cute little baby again.

"yeah, i'm about to pick him up from daycare, wanna come?"

____

the daycare was a 45 minute drive from jaehyun's house. he obviously chose a far one on purpose, he'd be dead if someone saw him with his son.

yiren realized how hard and hectic the boy's schedule was, right after school he had to pick up the child from a far away place, driving for 90 minutes, and comes home to cook dinner, gives yoon-oh a bath, put him to sleep, when he himself also had a pretty tiring day at school, and sometimes from the work his parents make him do.

he also said that he didn't want to hire babysitters because he didn't trust them.

"oh, i've been meaning to ask you" yiren turned to her side facing 'driving jaehyun'

"hmm?" he hummed, his eyes still on the road.

"why does yoon have so many medicines to drink?" she asked. the boy's stomach lurched, and he hesitated for a bit. but he knew it was best if he'd just tell her.

"he- well yoon has a heart condition" his voice was shaking a little. he's never told anyone except some staff at yoon-oh's daycare, other than that, no one, not even his parents.

yiren looked shocked, so it was probably why jaehyun was being a little overprotective.

"oh" was the only think she could say.

"i found out when he was five months old, i was so shocked when he started looking all weird, the doctor said it was hereditary, but it wasn't that serious though" he explained as he pulled over a parking lot, it was 5:00 in the afternoon and they had to hurry up because he had a meeting to attend at 6:15.

yiren walked behind jaehyun as they neared the gates of the daycare.

"daddy!" yoon-oh's voice echoed in their ears.

jaehyun smiled and picked the baby up, thanking the staff who watched over the child as he waited and turned to yiren.

"yiwen?" the baby smiled stretching his hands toward the girl, wanting to be picked up by her.

the girl picked him up and smiled brightly making the baby giggle.

jaehyun could have sworn he felt the butterflies in his stomach, he wasn't sure if it was because he loved seeing his son happy, or that he just loved seeing yiren's smile.

or just both.

____

wow long chapter.

uhHhhg why is he so good looking???

yep, now i just feel ugly.