Epilogue

"can you hold for a sec?"

jaehyun still couldn't believe it.

she was right there. right there.
the person he hasn't seen and has longed for these past years. she looked even prettier with her hair cut shorter.

"jae?" jaehyun snapped out of his thoughts.

"w-what?" he wanted to slap his self for stuttering.

"please?" she held out the small baby to jaehyun.
jaehyun stared at it for a moment. a baby.

why the hell was the love of his fucking life holding a baby?

jaehyun took the baby and it immediately started crying in his arms. he looked back at yiren who seemed to have been struggling looking for something inside her bag.

he stared at the bawling baby and pouted.
ugly baby.

come on jae you got this, yoon was once an annoying crying machine like this one, this is nothing new.

he did the only thing he knew, jaehyun gently bounced the small figure while rubbing little circles on its back. after a few seconds the cries died down and yiren faced him with a baby bottle clutching on her right hand and a small blue towel on the other.

"i guess we need to talk huh?" she asked, avoiding eye contact.

so that's how they ended up sitting face to face inside a nearby cafe. and jaehyun must look like a freak with all the staring he's making.

he was supposed to be just enjoying his saturday(yoon was staying with his parents)on a park nearby when he accidentally bumped into someone, that someone turned out to be his once used to be special someone.

yiren struggled to keep the baby behaved, so she gave up and placed the babbling human on the table, when she did it was eying the surroundings curiously, probably fascinated by all the pastel colors inside the cafe.

"so.." yiren started.

jaehyun cleared his throat, words seemed to struggle of finding their way out. "your baby?" he eyed the child who was now staring back at him with its arms stretched towards him.

"i've been told that we look alike." yiren gave a a small chuckle, the one that jaehyun missed the most.

"no you don't. he's ugly" jaehyun gasped as soon as those words uncontrollably left his mouth.

yiren laughed so loud that the people nearby their table where turning their heads toward them. and the baby stared back at jaehyun with its big doe eyes as if it just understood what the man said.

it crawled all the way to jaehyun(the table was pretty small) and jaehyun almost panicked when the baby reached the edge.

"now he, is actually a her." yiren chuckled.

jaehyun's ears flushed red in embarrassment as he placed the baby in front of him, she was playing with jaehyun's hands trying to lift it up, obviously failed, but she managed to lift a finger up with her tiny fists.

what a strong baby.

"i- how-" before jaehyun could finish, he spotted the ring on yiren's finger, and she obviously noticed.

"i thought you knew." to answer that question, no, jaehyun didn't know, the last thing he knew was yiren sending him a text message that she was leaving. for good. it broke his heart, and how was he going to explain it to yoon that his mommy was leaving and is never coming back.