Maze

So apparently, we were trapped in a stone maze where the walls moved like doors and there were these gross things called Grievers, I remember saying that before

So apparently, we were trapped in a stone maze where the walls moved like doors and there were these gross things called Grievers, I remember saying that before. How did I know that name? Anyway, these Grievers are killing one of us here every night and there is this thing called a Griever hole. A lot of information was thrown at me all at once, I tried to keep up but they were speaking really fast and I just picked up on the important parts. Escape, Griever hole, Code, Nightfall. That is all I needed to know, this place seemed awful, by the way Thomas and Newt were describing it. When they finished talking they paused and looked at me cautiously like I was going to explode, I mean my head hurt from trying to comprehend everything they said, but I got a hold of myself nodded my head and asked.

"What do you need from me?"

"There really isn't much you can do." Thomas said looking at me than at Newt.

"Oh shuck it, there is something you can do, there is a ton that needs to be done Thomas she offered her help let her help." Thomas nodded his head at Newt. I am surprised that Newt went off like that. I mean I assumed there was something I could help with but Newt just looked straight up done with Thomas.

"Ok I need you to come with me, I will explain what we are doing when we get there but the basics I need you to help me pack something up." Newt told me. There was something wrong I could feel it. I could see it in Newt's eyes, something was up. I will ask him when we are alone.

We had walked behind the, what he called "map room" and then he pushed me back into the wall behind the hut. I felt some of the sticks crack from how hard he pushed me back into the wall.

"Hey!" I yelled startled. He walked backwards and turned his back to me.

"How did you know me? How, how did you know my name?" Newt asked seemingly a lot calmer than just a few seconds ago.

"I don't know I told you and Thomas that. I blacked out and had a dream like a memory of us in a meadow field and you were jumping off the rock it looked like you were going to hurt yourself. I was yelling at you to stop. But that is all, why do you seem so angry with me? I didn't do anything to you." I said starting to get red in the face not from embarrassment but from anger he had hurt me by pushing me into this hut thing all because he wanted to know how I knew him. It was ridiculous, he was ridiculous. I took a deep breath and looked at the ground. His back still towards me, "Look I will forget this ever happened so we can get out of this place just don't accuse me of knowing more than I do, I am more confused than you are right now so let's pack up whatever you need my help packing up and let get out of this place." I said hoping he would turn around. I don't like talking to a back.

He let out a sigh.

"Fine, let's go."

He showed me where to go and we started packing.

It felt like hours had gone by, but I couldn't tell because the sky was still that sad gray color. I had helped Newt pack up some of the weapons and distribute them, we didn't really talked sense that incident.

I walked up to Thomas and he was holding a bag and I was assuming it was for me because he was already holding one for himself.

"Hey Tommy is that mine." I don't know why I called him that but it just slipped out.

"Sorry I don't know if you're ok with that nickname are you ok with it?" I stumbled over my words kind of embarrassed.

Thomas started laughing.

"It is fine, Newt usually calls me that so I would talk to him about that. But yes this is for you. It has water, some food and a knife."

"Thanks and I will because Tommy suits you." I said chuckling a little.