Chapter 2

"Malfoy, open up!"

Draco curls into the armchair, pulling his novel closer to his face and trying to focus on the words.

The bell chimes and more incessant knocking. Damn, how did he break into my wards to reach the front door? Draco glared at the page in front of him.

"Malfoy!"

Draco scowls up from his position in his sitting room. He pulls out his wand and casts a silencio towards the direction of the door.

*****

"Hey Dray.."

He looks away from the screen in front of him to look at her. Pansy was leaning next to the big red machine meant to dispense fountain drinks. She popped a single popcorn in between her red lips, "Why is Harry Potter sending me letters and showing up at my house demanding to know how to get in touch with you."

Draco smirked, "Pans, he's been concussed too many times I don't know what else to tell you."

Pansy laughed, coming in to rescue a very lost Draco and pressing a manicured finger to the red circle that said 'Coca-Cola.' A spray of white and black started pouring into the large cup in his hand. "'Your soulmate's an idiot."

Draco hums, "Not my soulmate." He turns to her, capping a lid on the soft drink. "Come on, let's watch this ...movie?"

***

The WWN was softly playing an acoustic melody in the background of the office as Draco completed magically binding a few new hire training manuals. He placed them at the corner of his desk as a short, balding man slowly entered., shoes scrapping against the dark maroon carpet.

"Um..."

Draco looked up and stared expectantly at him. No one usually comes into the office, choosing to correspond with the WR department via owls and memos.

The man looked around the small office, glancing back to the see the name printed on the frosted glass door. Draco understands the surprise, most people forgot he still works in the building, with all his work done and written behind the name of Lampley or Bones.

"I-" He looks at Draco once more, eyes darting down to his right arm.

Draco almost laughs. What a fool... doesn't even know on which arm the Dark Mark is and he's acting as if Draco will put out his wand. "Can I help you?

He seems to settle himself and steps deeper into the office. "Yes, I came to see what do I do about changing my vault number for my pay deposits?"

Draco immediately opens up the drawer on his right and begins to look for the form. "Fill this out, have Gringotts stamp it and then return it." He pulls out the sheet and floats it to him without bothering to look.

"And who do I turn it into?" The sheet is taken with two careful fingers

Your mother. Draco thinks. "Just return it to me, I'll process it." Draco responds pulling another file towards himself and grabbing his quill.

He can hear the man shuffle awkwardly, "Is there somewhere else?" Draco grips his quill knowing he actually meant someone else. "It's just... it's my personal information."

Draco's lip couldn't stop itself from curling back. As if he wanted anything to do with his bank information. He himself had more than the pathetic man in front of him can begin to save up in five lifetimes. "You do realize I already have access to to it all right? Your address, your family, your medical records." He turned to him, shaking his head at this man's stupidity.