"You have to stay strong, Harry. You have to stay strong for her," the little girl continued, breaking me away from a memory.

Why were the younger ones always so wise beyond their years?

Harry sighed and lowered his head in defeat, sitting down beside Louis, the little girl following suit.

"She's a smart one, that one," Ally smiled as she looked on. Harry and the little girl were now talking about the pack and the boys were asking if they were a part of the pack as well. 

"Miss McKenzie," a doctor in the basic white lab coat and stethescope ensemble entered the room. 

We all stood up and awaited for more from the doctor. 

"It was just another hiccup from her prior injuries. She's stable now, if you all want to see her. Though, I suggest only a couple at a time. We don't want to overwhelm her recovery again. She needs her rest." 

And with that, the doctor left without another word or glance. 

An awkward silence caused tension to build within the room. Who was the first to see the sleeping beauty? Wait... Did I just say beauty? 

"Can I go see Alex with Harry, mom?" the little girl asked, not realizing she helped ease the minds of everyone by volunteering as tribute. 

The mom smiled down at her youngest daughter and kissed her head, agreeing for Harry to accompany her. Harry smiled down at her as well and held his hand out for her to grab. 

"Come on, Belle, let's go see Alex." 

One by one, each left to see Alex. Some in pairs. Liam and Niall. Lauren and Zayn. Louis and Dinah. Normani and Ally. And others wanted to go alone, like my mom, Jessie, and Jessie's mom. 

Everyone all had their turn and soon I was the only one who hadn't seen her yet and I was dreading it. 

What was I going to say? Do I smile? Or was this a serious matter where I shouldn't smile? Do I say something? Like introduce myself? Crap. Why did I have to wait last minute and become partner less. 

I walked down the hall while all of these thoughts and questions were circling through my mind. I didn't notice that I was already at the opened door when I heard someone clear their throat. 

Charlie. 

I smiled down at him, grateful that someone was already in the room. I then took in the image of the famous Alexandra McKenzie as she lay unconscious on the bed before him. Charlie was grasping onto her hand protectively. 

"I was wondering when you were going to appear," he commented as he kissed Alex's hand before letting it go and coming over to embrace me in a warming hug. "How are you doing?" 

I chuckled at his concern. "I should be asking you that question," I turned towards her. "Or her." 

Sadness fell upon my face knowing that she wouldn't know that I came to visit her. Wait.. What? Why does that concern me? She doesn't even know me. She probably wouldn't even care. She was freakin' Alexandra McKenzie. Heiress of a multi-billion dollar group and company.

"I'm fine. Nothing can stop this old man," he chuckled, turning his attention back towards the young lady. "I've seen worse," he confessed and looked down sadly before clearing his throat once again. "Alex will be fine as well," he stated, trying his best to sound convincing. "She just needs to rest up." 

"Oh, maybe I should get going then," I said as I turned towards the exit. 

"Don't," a mumble turned my attention back towards the bed. "Kaks," she sleepily whimpered, eyes still closed.