"Oi Moyashi what are you doing here?" 

Allen cursed under his breath, he knew that voice anywhere and that irritating nickname. 

"Baka I'm not short so stop calling me that!" Allen started walking inside the room, shutting the door behind him. 

"Che' so you say," Kanda smirked.

Allen rolled his eyes as silence fell around them. He noticed the room was just like the one he last used with a couch in the middle and a window behind it which was where Kanda stood beside his arms crossed over his chest and his focus on something outside the window. 

Allen sighed, walking towards the couch, plopping on it not so gracefully. He laid on his back, the cushions under him not, by all means, soft or fluffy but he'll take what was given to him. He placed both his hands on his stomach before closing his eyes. He could feel Tim flapping around the room, and above him. 

When he felt Tim land on his face he opened his eyes and blew at his golden friend. 

"Get off my face, Tim." He said to the golum, tiredly.

Tim stayed there for a while before finally flying off his face but stayed hovering before him.

"Hey, Yu."

"..."

Allen didn't hear any sound from Kanda but he knew he was listening, "I made my choice,"

"And?" Kanda asked, quietly.

Allen hummed as he watched Timcampt fly to where Kanda was standing. 

"I'm taking Road's offer," He stated. 

A few heartbeats went by and no sound was heard from Kanda. Then, not moving his gaze from the ceiling, Allen heard Kanda move and stand behind the couch where he finally moved his gaze, silver meeting steel. 

"I assume you've told Jerry then?" Kanda asked, petting Tim who was on his shoulder. The innocence wielder looked down at him, dark hair framing his face.

Allen smiled, "Yeah, he knows." 

"And what did he say?" Kanda asked, tilting his head to one side. Tim flew off his shoulder and went to sit on the on Allen's stomach.

"He said he's in," 

Kanda stayed silent just watching Allen from where he was. He could tell that Allen had gone through so much yet he stayed strong even though everyone turned their backs on him. Shunned him. Betrayed him. But he never gave up. Now he was finally going to have a real family that would stay by his side and never think about betraying him. 

Kanda reached out to the man below and caught a white strand of hair between his fingers. He played with it for a bit then released the stand before cupping Allen's cheek, softly like he was glass and with one harsh movement, he'd shatter into pieces. 

"Yu?" Allen watched the man above him carefully. 

Kanda didn't answer just started to move his thumb gently against the cheek he held as Allen's skin started to form goosebumps as he felt Kanda move his thumb close and close to his bottom lip.

"You know," Kanda started, moving his gaze from Allen's face to his eyes, "you amaze me, Allen."

"Yu," Allen said breathlessly as he felt Kanda's thumb rub against his bottom lip.

"Someone as kind-hearted, strong, courageous as you does not belong here. Someone who would risk his life for others shouldn't waste his time on people who don't deserve it and you," Kanda watched Allen's reaction when he talked, "You deserve the world and so much more Allen. I said it before and I'll say it again, whatever you choose to do I will be by your side. I will stay with you if only for a while more."