Sign 1 One Last Time

Start from the beginning

"DAD!"
He got on top of him and punched his face, "TELL ME THE TRUTH RIGHT NOW!"
"I LIKE MEN!" Cyril shouted and got a punch on his face.
"OH NO YOU DON'T! NOT UNDER MY WATCH!" He was sinking into his mattress in tears and pain, but he didn't like that pain.

He wanted to run away and never come back. His mother stared at him from outside the door. His father finally got up and brushed the sweat on his beard, "Did you get my hunter from the attic?"

"NO DAD!"
She hesitantly passed it to him and he stood before him, "So, you like men?"
"No," Cyril moved back. His screeches scattered through the walls of the house. His mother could do nothing but hear him scream inside his room as she stood outside the door.

"YOU ARE NOT HAVING MALE FRIENDS AGAIN, YOU HEAR ME?! NO BOYS IN THE HOUSE OR ANYWHERE ELSE! GET A GIRLFRIEND AS SOON AS POSSIBLE OR I WILL STRANGLE YOU TO DEATH, YOU DISGUSTING FAGGOT! FEAR GOD!"
His father came out of his room and threw the hunter aside. He went to the front yard and drunk an entire bottle of beer.

"Avro, Mr Edwards," Edgar wished him as he pressed the doorbell.
"Stop right there," He said and Edgar turned towards him, "Yes?"
"You're not to meet Cyril again. He is not interacting with any boys again,"
"Oh, but why?" Edgar asked.
"You don't need to know that. Now the get the hell out,"

That night, Edgar climbed Cyril's window and jumped in, "Mate, what's going on? Explain this shit to me" The lights were out and the room was dark. He could hear Cyril crying in a corner, "Cyril?" He reached his hands for the lights but Cyril held his hand, "Don't turn on the lights. I don't want you to look at me right now,"

"...Okay,"
Cyril hugged him tightly. Under the moonlight entering the room, Edgar could see hunter marks all over his hands, chest and back.

"Please help me, Edgar." He cried, but he ensured to keep his voice low. He was shivering and his body was hot, "You said it'd be okay to explore my sexuality but all I get is pain and it doesn't feel okay. My head is a mess. Please... Figure something out, please"

Edgar squeezed him gently, "I will,"
"And don't meet me after that, until I say it's okay to meet,"
"But why?"
Cyril pressed the bruises on his face, "I don't ever want to go through this pain again,"
Edgar looked into his eyes, "Okay,"

Cyril walked to school after a week. He met that brunette boy on his way, "Why didn't you pick my calls? I thought you enjoyed it,"
"Don't talk to me," Cyril said.
"But why? You didn't like it?"
"No, I hated it,"

"Didn't seem like that when you were moaning under me though,"
"Leave me alone," Cyril went towards his locker and he followed him,
"Alright, jokes apart, I'll let you ride next time, fine?"
Cyril smirked, "You still think there's be a next time?"
He smirked, "Does your ass hurt?"
"I'm hurting all over," Cyril went away.

They didn't meet for another week, and when they did, Cyril had a girl beside him. She was smiling and talking to him. They were holding hands. He looked at those brown eyes staring at him as they passed by each other. He looked away and smiled with her.

'Your voice was my soundtrack this summer,'

Now, after four years, those brown eyes looked into a blank phone screen, with a girl texting him. He kept the phone aside and looked at his hands. He still remembered how his skin felt, those heterochromatic eyes, that sweet scent of sweat, those freckles, that exotic beauty mark under his lips, that heart which never loved him back and how he was madly in love with that teenager. He still pondered what he did wrong. Why did it end so fast? He didn't even know his name.

"My name's Cyril Edwards,"
"Nice, my name is—"
"Don't tell, I don't want to know,"
"But why?"

"Because I do not want to fall for you,"

He looked out of his window as he sat in a hospital's waiting room, "Why did you do that to me, Cyril? And why am I still not over you? Do I even like you...Or am I just lonely?"

"Mr Glizzly Westburg," A nurse came to the waiting area and stood before him, "The doctor is calling for you. Shall we go?"
His brown eyes smiled at her, "Of course,"
'I can't die before seeing you one last time.'

-To be continued

Glizzly Westburg
Undercover Blue Riot