Chapter 52 - Feigning

"Those scurvy dogs were just a child's play, they couldn't even lay a single hit on me. While I only swung my cutlass once they perished like falling leaves." The purple haired first mate puffs out his chest and bash me with a smug grin.

"Wow..." I react blandly.

"Seriously, that was your reaction. You could do better little Star." Wooyoung scoffs.

I roll my eyes instead of choosing flowery words to compliment him. If you have been listening to his non-stop pirate adventure for 3 days straight, you'd react like me.

Nevertheless, It had been surprisingly peaceful days; no fight, no storm, no pop up creatures. The only threat I saw was The Royal Navy. She had been following us but eventually faltered behind and disappeared from the horizon as they couldn't keep up with our speed.

I hope that Chris won't reappear ever again. It'd be troublesome if he followed us until Wonderland as today Yunho announced that we entered the outer circle of the devil's triangle.

After the day the boys crashed into my cabin, they kept Aurora and me accompanied whenever they had free time, especially Wooyoung who ditched his work to annoy us.

Beside him, Yeosang and Yunho frequently visited us. Because of Yeosang's kindness and Yunho's friendliness, Aurora started to warm up to them. She said that after they barged into our cabin, she saw a new light in them. Still, she didn't fully trust them, which I understood. Trust doesn't earn easily for the person who has a past grudge with pirates.

Whereas Mingi and Jongho were busy with works. Actually Jongho was the busy one but he dragged Mingi to help him because he didn't want Mingi to bug us. They mainly join us during dining time and at night for Mingi's so-called storytelling gathering.

I feel grateful to them. At the same time, sorrow begins to form in my chest. I made a rule to not get attached to them, but I failed miserably. Who can resist these heartthrob dorks anyway.

Hence, I made up my mind to enjoy the time here before leaving for good.

"You should be honored that I, the mighty first mate of Pirate King Revenge, escort you throughout these days." Wooyoung leans against the rail on the poop deck while sweeping his hair. I know he's hot and all but his smugness causes my skin to crawl. Too bad no one is here to share his cringyness with me as the others are occupied with their jobs.

Aurora couldn't withstand his cockiness since day 1 so she volunteered to assist the cook to escape from him. But I'm too lazy to work, I rather hang out with Wooyoung. I don't want to admit that we are actually the same kind of people.

"You should be thankful that I, the most powerful seeress, didn't report to Seonghwa that you slacked off for 3 days straight." I cross my arms, raising my chin up.

Wooyoung smirks, "So now you closed with Seonghwa. Something good must have happened that night."

After that fateful night, Seonghwa no longer gives me a scornful look instead he wears this mocking smirk every time he sees me. The obvious change doesn't go unnoticed by the crew, especially the observant first mate. He'd mock me at every opportunity and I swear I'll silence him with San dagger one day.

"Ugh, no. I still feel like he plans to feed me to sharks. So you need to rescue me from him." I shudder at my thoughts. Seonghwa's smirk gives me chills, it's worse than a normal scowl he often wears.

"Why should I?" He pushes himself off the rail and steps closer to me.

"So that I won't report you."