Bhavishya se sandesh

Urmi and Vikas were in live in for last 3 -4 years. There relationship bloomed just after final year college time in Pune. Soon Both wanted to settle together in Pune as they were living half college adventures and half new professional life with each other company.
Pune was ideal for both, urmi was from dehradun brahmin family with father  and elder brother as army officers whereas Vikas hailed from educated kayastha background from Indore MP and his parents were in top administrative services. Both families were modern but had traditionalism sprinkled in their day to day life. Both had kept their live in status under wraps from friends and families except very close inner circle.

The initial euphoria of infatuation, love and thrill had slowly died down and their relationship had reached a plateau. To add to boredom Corona was severe in pune.  Vikas was on wfh and urmi had to go to office on  alternate days.
Vikas had the complaint that she was not onn all the time and urmi had the complaint that vikas never ever talked about long time commitment despite going so much ahead in their relationship.  Both had opened to close friends about compatibility issues. He was adventure freak and she was true artist.   He always was quick in work, disorderly but intelligent. She was beautiful,  vivatious and kept things neat and tidy.
Vikas was playing with his laptop in his room alone when he underwent deep down in his layers of thinking . He thought about his professional growth which got dented in Corona, his love spikes with Urmi and his true love which was adventure sports. He always watched rohit shetty series of adventures with celebrities and saw himself as winner  doing each task with effortless ease . He was wondering if he could be part of such khatron ke khiladi.
Urmi was part of corporate group and was Executive assistant to the CEO. She was darling of the group because of her creativity and feminine touch. She brought lot of warmth and softness to the otherwise tense world of board rooms and meetings.  She was free with  Lekha madam aka chechi  about personal life and feelings . Her usual mini talks with her during lunch gave her lot of solace and that day she talked to her about vikas hesitations on long term commitment and her angst of getting married and truly settling down.
Vikas had nearly finished his daily schedule of work and was relaxing his head against the back wall while sitting on jamini baithak when he saw something startling. He saw a 12-14 year old boy appearing from front wall with basketball in his hand and passed him and entered opposite wall and disappeared.  Vikas could not believe his eyes. Was he day dreaming? Or his mind had hangover of sci fi movies, PowerPoint presentation slide transition fetish. He got unnerved and decided to take coffee break. How to share / explain the day dream with urmi after she comes back from office. Should he scare her too?. He definitely felt edgy.
Urmi decided to scroll her social apps and while she was happy messaging, giving thumps up and other social lovey dovey things came when she accidentally came across an invite which led her to a job profile matching her skills .she saw the place of posting which was Noida,unsafe but close to her native. She decided to give it a shot just for try sake and submitted her updated CV. To her surprise she got email for an interview on VC scheduled next day. She packed her bags looking at the fresh lilies on her table , call it a day at sharp 6. Her father and brother uniform pics saluting in a silver photo frame teed her off .