PART TWO/ William x Reader x Yuno - Rather Be

Start from the beginning

The golden-eyed boy's face remained impassive but angry on the outside but he was extremely flustered and confused inside. All he wanted to do was go watch his subordinates train but no, here he was, basically getting teased for injuring himself by his crush.

"Huh?" Yuno muttered out. Y/N saw his face and let out a chuckle.

"Don't take it seriously, I was only joking with you but, jeez... what made your hand bleed like this? Did you get into a small altercation with Alecdora the Explorer again?" Y/N asked with a small teasing smile on her face.

Yuno responded with a small head shake, looking away from Y/N with a small blush. "No. I got angry about something and I somehow hurt myself... that's all." Yuno finally responded, pulling off Y/N's hand.

"Oh okay. Be careful, you don't want those callous hands of yours getting hurt." Y/N simply said with a small smile, winking at Yuno as she kept on walking to her destination. Yuno stood there against the wall confused on what just happened. His crush basically squeezed his wounded hand then walked away.

'What was that all about?' Yuno thought to himself.

-mini timeskip

"Good Afternoon, Y/N."

"Ah!" Y/N jumped in fear before she turned around to see her captain behind her, giving her a small smile. Y/N let out a sigh while putting her hand on her chest, giving her a captain a look of deadpan.

"Oh my goddess... you scared me, captain..." Y/N sighed.

"Sorry about that. I just wanted to know where you were going since everyone is at the field. Are you going to join us later?" Vengeance asked his vice-captain, walking in front of her.

"Yes but first I'm going to take a walk, I need to let some things escape my mind since I became really stressed after the meeting." Y/N responded, looking down at her boots. Her captain then ruffled her hair with his hand, Y/N looked up to her the white-haired captain giving her a small smile, in return she blushed at this surprising action.

"Then may I accompany you?"

"S-sure..."

As the two walked out of the Golden Dawn headquarters to go on their walk through the royal capital, the golden-eyed boy watched this with a dark glare over his face.

'I won't allow him to take her from me!...'

...

"Wow... these popsicles taste so good... thank you for buying these for me captain!" Y/N smiled at her captain as she sucked on her popsicle.

While their subordinates were training with each other, William and Y/N decided to go on a walk together through the royal capital to just converse and get fresh air, leaving their jobs aside for a bit. Y/N had originally planned going alone so she could buy herself some snacks and food so she could eat it while she was watching everyone train with each other but it seemed that her captain had other plans in his head. He was actually going to ask her a few questions whether she had feelings for the other vice-captain.

So far, they have only conversed about the amount of work and missions everyone has been getting. Throughout the past few months, it seems as though the amount of missions and paperwork everyone has been getting in the Golden Dawn has been increased due to pressure from enemy kingdoms, that is what has been stressing Y/N out for a while now and she doesn't know what to do but to only depend on herself, Yuno, and William.

"But about the increase in missions, I don't have the brightest clue on what's going on... every enemy that I tried interrogating just... won't give me an answer on why they are trying to kidnap so many women and children... but at the same time, why would I expect a proper answer from such evil, wicked people?" The female vice-captain muttered, not giving a look at her captain. William flashed Y/N a small smile before he ruffled her hair, making her blush again.