Chapter 4: Anchor

George POV:

We were on a dock. 'We' as in me, and Dream? He had a mask covering his face but didn't cover his lips. It was hard to describe what I was seeing. The mask seemed to be made out of plastic and was wrapped around his head with some black material. With a smile drawn onto it, like his Minecraft character. And his lips. I couldn't stop looking at his lips. They were rosy but pale around the edges. They looked soft. I almost went to reach out and touch them but immediately pulled back at the thought of it. Gross.

That's when I realized that he could see me. Well, I guess he couldn't due to his mask but what if he took it off? I started to panic and scramble away. The cold wood against my feet and the calming wind smelling like the sea brushing up against my face, sending a shiver up and down my whole body.

He then stood up with me and I was about to say something because he put a finger to my mouth and did a gentle, "shhh."

I felt myself break down on the inside and my knees become weak. My mind started to run in circles, never catching it's breath. The world around me seemed to freeze. I was staring into the black eyes of the mask. Wondering what was behind it.

He then took a step back and seemed to look me up and down due to his head movements. I felt a shiver go down my spine. His arms were crossed. His hands burying behind his arms which made creases on his green hoodie. God I wish I had a hoodie, it was freezing. The middle of november and I'm outside on a dock? I guess he realized that I was shivering. Hopefully he didn't notice how I actually looked.

"Need this?" He tugged lightly on his hoodie. I knew it would be oversized on my frail body but god I was cold. I could see his chest breathing heavily. His body rising and falling with each breath. Reminded me of my breath right now.

"You'd be cold then I wouldn't-"

I was cut off by him taking off his hoodie, left hand to his right side, right hand to his left side pulling it off from himself. I couldn't help but watch in awe. Underneath was a plain white t-shirt. I blanked out. I just stared at him and every thought, every bad though, ever thought that he shouldn't see me, every one of them. Disappeared.

He held out the hoodie. I blinked a couple times to snap back into reality. I grabbed it out of his hands and quickly pulled it over my head. Yep. Oversized as expected. Dream chuckled. The feeling of butterflies wasn't new, but always surprised me when they came.

"Let's go here." He said as he nudged me and tilted his head towards a rock. The rock was leaning over the waves, getting a slight mist from every big wave once in a while.

We walked over to it, passing the cold sand and reeds coming from the ground. The air felt as if it were picking up more wind. I try to not think about it, and just think about Dream.

Arriving at the rock he walked to the edge of it and sat down. He patted his hand next to him signaling me to sit down. I sat down, my hands in the pocket of the hoodie trying to warm myself up. The mist lightly hitting both of our faces. Dream's hair was lightly flowing in the wind. I can't look away from him. Every flaw that he could've had just wasn't there. "Oh god. What does he think about me? Why is he even here?" I thought, he then turned his head to face me. I immediately look away and blush. He noticed. Fuck. I shouldn't be doing this. Or feeling like this. He has a girlfriend anyways. I wasn't prepared to hear him talk about her.

"Hey, why do you always look away from me when I try to look at you?"

Hey, at least it's not about his girlfriend.

"It's nothing, Dream. But hey, look! A ship."

A ship seemed to be sailing across the horizon. He could hear it's engines along with the wind blowing into his face. It was noticeable how the wind was picking up it's pace. It felt as if a storm was coming in.

"It's nice being here with you. You're a great," I paused. "Friend." I realized I wanted to be more than friends with him.

I don't know what happened. I don't know why, but Dream started to cry. I could only really tell because a tear fell down his cheek and his multiple sniffles. I turn to look at him immediately. I got on my knees to try and match up with his height and put my hands on his shoulders. He takes off his mask. I gasp lightly and lock eyes with him.

"Is that all we've ever been?" he says under his breath. Low, but enough for me to hear. The wind seemed to calm a little.

I scan his face seeing for any hint of sarcasm. None. He's still looking at me. I can't help but notice every aspect of his face. It looked soft and vulnerable, even though before from what he could see he looked calm and composed. My body naturally leaned in.

                                                        Anchor up to me love.

My heart was racing.

                                                        Anchor up to me love.

His heart was racing.

                                                         Anchor up to me love.

Heat radiating off of us both. The wind picked up and a gush went across both of our faces. We seemed to both blink but kept contact and didn't move an inch.

Oh god.

Is he?

Will he?

                                                               Oh, Anchor up to me

Dream pulled in for a kiss. His lips felt soft and warm as they pressed up against mine. It felt as if fireworks and explosions were going off inside of me. Whatever's happening, I don't want it to stop.

They pull away and catch their breaths. They stare at each other. God I love this feeling. God I love it here. I love looking at him. I love him.

And with that, I woke up.