jonathan crane ° seasons of love

(I spaced on ideas lmao)

Life in the Gotham crime world was content, no motives for murder aside from that being an overall activity. Grudges were dealt with, there was no reason to terrorise people, except for enjoyment.
Jim Gordon was still participating in his ball-ache of a saint boy act but what was new about that.
It was snowing. Gotham, for the first time, was viewed as beautiful. If anyone wanted to leave, now would be the time.
Smooth Christmas music came from the shopping centre's intercom, shoppers adorned in green and red hues. And to top it all off, Jonathan Crane and his girlfriend sat joyously in a café...
"I admire the way you handled that." I hummed to the brunette boy. "Normally I would've witnessed your awkward self but I gotta say, your anxiety is getting better every day." I finished off.
"That's all on you, Angel, without you there is no me." I couldn't help but soften my face at him, how could someone be so cute?
"Have I ever told you how much I love you?" I took a sip of my coffee, gingerbread infused goodness.
"I don't know, maybe every day I've known you." He smiles, I love it when he smiles, it suits him greatly.
"So, what's up after this?" I question him.
"You'll have to wait and see." I squinted at him, awaiting his real answer.
"Okay, we're going to the park, it's practically abandoned due to the snow, perfect right?" He breaks, showing his real plan.
"Absolutely."

°°°

"Right up here on this bandstand was were we watched idkHow, about a month ago?" He pitched up his voice in question during the final words.
"Aye, that's right, what showmen they were. Incredible." I dazed of dreamily, accounting the night.
"And-" He grabbed onto my shoulders and moved me a few feet left. "About here is were we stood afterwards, the stars looking down on us." I never knew he remembered that, so sweet.
By now it was sunset in Gotham, hypnotic peaches and pinks graced the above, spilling a masterpiece on the sky and reflecting on the snow.
"We've been through so much over the years, haven't we?" I spoke.
"Sometimes I wonder what would've happened if I met you before everything." He said, unfinished.
"We've been together for three years now, doesn't seem like enough." He added.
"We could've been married by now-" My heart leaped thinking about the far gone opportunity.
"Things in Gotham are too dangerous now, for starting a family." I couldn't lie, he was speaking truth, I never will stop wondering that if we got out in time we could've had that.
"Which is why-" I turned my head to face him and not the illuminate sky.
"I'm asking you if you will move away with me- and before you ask, I've got connections. It's all figured out, that is, if you want to." He stumbled over the last part, I could feel my vital organs embedded in my throat.
"Jon- that would be wonderful, I won't ask you how because I don't know if I want to know but...this is a real opportunity for us." I could feel my tear ducts expanding and water roll down my red cheeks, the cold had added a natural blush.
He began again "But as well as that, I need to ask you-" He started to descend onto the bandstand floor.
He pulls out a square box receiving an astonishing princess cut ring, with an iridescent gemstone laying in the centre.
"Will you marry me? I figured, no point preparing a speech because we've been through so much and I just want to be with you and-" I cut him off by kneeling down and pressing my cold lips against his, even in the harshest of weather, he still managed to attain warmth.
"So a yes?" He begs, whispering in hope.
"It's a yes, when are we getting out of here?" I laugh, smiling promptly. He slips the band over my finger and fumbles for a second before pulling out his phone.
"Now if you're up for it, I can get our stuff sent over by next week and I know it's a long wait but I thought sooner rather than later would be ideal-" I cut him off with another brain busting, lip bruising kiss.
"Stop rambling, let's go, I couldn't give a shit about my two suit cases of crap. I still have my uncles birthday gift money in my bank, let's go." I urge him to stand, he presses some digits before taking my hand and whisking me to the far end of the park. Here we go, leaving Gotham for good...