Visions and Group Hugs

Start from the beginning

I looked up at my friends and my parents and they all nodded. I smiled to myself. I went from having no friends or family, just a good for nothing "father," to having an amazing family and a great group of friends.

"I don't deserve you guys..." I gushed.

"No, you do not get to say that!" Finn, who was still sitting next to me, exclaimed. "If anyone in this world deserves us, it's you. Heck, you deserve way more than us. You deserve the world, after what you've been through."

I looked around the room at each of my friends, and they all had smiles stretched across their faces and they were nodding.

A felt a tear slip down my cheek. Dang it. I tried to wipe it away before anyone could see it. Before I could even lift my hand, strong arms wrapped around me.

Finn was hugging me so tight that it felt like he was never gonna let go. I was okay with that, and hugged him even tighter.

Soon after, I felt more arms wrap around us. By now, I was to the point of sobbing. Not because i was upset, but because i was feeling something that I had never felt before. Belonging.

~~~~~~~~~~~
"What about this one?" Kayla asked as she pulled a red top off the rack.

"Oh my gosh, that is so cute!" I said grabbing it from her. "Do they have my size?"

Kayla shrugged and started looking through the different sizes.

It's been about two weeks sense the big rescue. These past weeks i've been settling into my new home, and working at the cafe with Catherine. I've went out with friends a couple times, but they normally just stopped at the shop.

Right now, Kayla and I were at the mall, since I was heading to school soon and didn't have a lot of clothing choices.

Kayla handed me the same red top I was looking at, just in a smaller size. I put the old one back and we moved on.

"Are you hungry?" Kayla suddenly stopped.

"Now that I think about it, yeah." I responded, putting a piece of clothing I picked up back.

"I think we passed the food court on the way to this store. What do you say about going to your first food court?" Kayla suggested.

I know, it's weird that I have never been to a food court before. That's because I have never been to a mall before today.

"Sure, why not?" I smile at her and she grabs my hand, pulling me to the little counter in the middle of the store. I pull out the money Catherine gave me and set it on the counter.

Kayla hands the cashier a couple shirts and then turns back to me. "The rest of this year is going to be great."

"How do you think people are gonna react to seeing me again?" I asked.

"They'll be fine. I'm sure Isaac will be excited to see you." She wiggled her eyebrows at me as the cashier handed us our clothes and change.

"Why the face?" I asked, as we walked out of the store, heading in the direction of the food court.

"Come on, Lilah! It's so obvious that he likes you!" She winked at me.

"Isaac and I are just friends. He doesn't see me that way, and I don't see him that way either."

"Of course you don't." Kayla scoffed as we turned into the food court.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"I know there's something going on between you and Finn. You can't hide it." Kayla said in a sing song voice.

"What?! What makes you think that?" I defend. Kayla just shook her head and laughed.

"What do you want?" She pointed to the restaurants. My gaze landed on Taco Bell.

"Lilah, this would be the second time this week that you would have taco bell." She said, following my gaze.

"Does it look like I care?" I started towards Taco Bell with a smile on my face.

"Nope." I heard Kayla say under her breath. "I'll be right at that Chinese restaurant. Don't leave my sight!"

I nodded as I walked towards Taco Bell. The cashier smiled at me and asked me what I wanted but I was too distracted by something else, or should I say someone else.

"No no no... How did he find me?" I said lowly, the cashier still heard and gave me a concerned look. My hands were sweaty and my heart started to race.

"Ma'am? Are you alright?" She waved her hand in front of my face as I kept my eyes behind her. She turned to see what I was looking at, just as I started hyperventilating.

He was here at the mall. Micheal and his evil smirk, his eyes locking with mine.

"Who is that man?" I asked her, pointing at Micheal, who was talking to one of her coworkers. My hand was shaking.

"That's my manager... Lewis." She stated.

"Oh." My heartbeat started to slow and I took a deep breath, closing my eyes. When they reopened my vision focused to see that the man looked nothing like Michael and I had imagined the whole thing.

"Can I get you anything?" The woman asked, she now seemed annoyed.

"Uh.. Yeah. Can I just get two Dorito tacos, please?" I ordered, still shaken up.

"Sure. I'm gonna throw in a water with that, You look like you need it." She gave me an awkward smile, and I just nodded in response.

After I got my food, I walked to the table that Kayla was already sitting at.

"Hey, you okay? You look a little shaken up." Kayla had a worried look in her eyes.

"Yeah... It's just.. There was a man over there. I thought he was Micheal but he was just the manager. The thing is, he looked nothing like him..." I explained.

"Lilah, I think you have PTSD." She tells me.

"PTSD?" I give her a questioning look. "Will it hurt me?"

"Physically, no. Mentally? Probably." She told me. "You'll probably have some flashbacks and nightmares. We should go home after this."

"Yeah. That would be a good idea." I agreed, and took a bite out of my taco.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
"PTSD? That's normal after what you went through." Corey explained. We were sitting on the couch, both of us staring at the blank tv.

"I don't wanna have to relive the moment over and over again." My voice was soft as I spoke.

"I know." He said, "but at least the real moment is over, and i'm gonna make sure that you don't have to go through anything like that again."

"But he's still out there. What if he finds me?"

"I don't think that he will. If he does, we'll do whatever we can to keep you safe." He reassured. "You should head to bed now. You have school tomorrow."

I nodded, a slight smile spreading on my face at the thought of being back at school.

"Goodnight." Corey said, he gave me an awkward pat on the back and walked into the kitchen.

Corey and I have not yet reached the point Catherine and I have. It's a bit awkward between us still. It's harder to trust him then it is to trust Catherine. Micheal ruined it for me.

I sigh and get up from the couch, heading down the hall to my bedroom.

I went to bed that night with fear of what is to come. If Micheal finds me. If I have to worry about him my whole life.

I also have some excitement in me. Excitement to finally be back at school.

This time, without the fear of being taken out again.

I apologize for not posting for a couple months. I don't really have an excuse, just some major writers block. I'm going to work hard to finish the story and update regularly. Thank you for your patience.

~Haylie