IV. BLOODY HANDS & BEASTIARIES

Start from the beginning

«     —————     »

"Stiles?" I ask, as I walk into the repair shop, and see him holding the phone.

"Alex? What are you doing here?" He asks, surprised, and confused as to why I was holding a dog. "And why do you have a dog?"

"Uhh..." I trail off.

FLASHBACK

I get out of my car, after failing to stop Boyle from getting the bite, and dropping off Stiles, because Erica messed up his Jeep. As soon as I shut the door, gunshots are heard, and I jump, shocked, and the air leaves the tries of the car.

I turn my head sharply to the front, where the person, I most loathed in the world, was standing.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" I yell at Grandpa. "Are you trying to kill me?!!"

"Oh, no, sweetheart." He tells me, sickly sweet. "Those were merely warning shots." He walks towards me, and I finally noticed what he was holding. It was Milo, my dog. He raises his hand, and bring it to my cheek, and I glare at him. "I know where you've been." He tells me, threatening, and my blood runs cold. "I told you, I won't be as forgiving as last time."

I look him up in the eyes, angered.

"If you wanna call that forgiving." I tell him, through gritted teeth.

"Oh, but it was forgiving of me, my dear." He tells me, as he tucks my hair behind my hair, and I move away. "You have no idea, how much worse it could've been."

"I think it was plenty worse." I comment.

"But, apparently, not worse enough." He shots back. "Because, here you are, repeating the same mistakes all over again. I knew you were soft, but I didn't know you were stupid."

"By stupid, you mean, doing what I think is right." I fight back.

"You don't know what's right." He tells me.

"And you do?" I ask, immediately.

"No." Grandpa tells me, as he lets Milo down, and he runs towards me, and jumps, so I pick him up in my arms. "But I do have power." He adds, and pulls out his gun, and shoots the windshield of the car, and I turn to shield myself, suddenly very aware, that he is the only person with a gun in the room, because mine was still in the car. "Get your car repaired, and next time, I'll find a more persuasive way to get you to do my work." He walks to the door, but stops and turns around, and smirks. "Oh, and as you noticed, I visited your apartment in your last town, and brought back Milo. I think your friend was a little pissed at you for leaving her to dogsit, for so long. I also found you bike." He points towards my left, and I see my bike covered with a cloth, and he give me a sickly smile. "Among other things."

FLASHACK END

"Um.. I crashed my car." I lie, my voice coming out in a higher pitch. "And this is Milo. He's my dog."

"I didn't know you had a dog." He tells me, and I put Milo down, and he runs towards Stiles, who pats his head, making Milo yip happily.

"Well, you've known me for like, what? A week?" I ask him.