An artist's muse

"What do you mean I can't have cold-coffee? You know I always get it." Kira frowned sadly one evening as Gouenji stood beside her quietly watching everything unfold.

"I'm sorry but our ice-machine broke.We can't serve any cold drinks today. You can pick one of the hot ones. " The barista informed her.

"Can I have a Vienna?" Gouenji interjected with his order.

"I'm sorry that's not available either. " The barista answered.

"Okay then how about... " He was about to pick something else when he was cut off by Kira.

"No wait, let's just leave and have some tea instead. I make amazing tea. " She smiled, "I live nearby. It's about time I invited you. " She concluded shyly.

"I'd love that. " He answered.

...

"Your collection is beautiful. " Gouenji commented, studying the wall of artworks, beautifully framed in wooden frames, in Kira's apartment, "Did you make these?"

"Some of them are mine and others by many of my favourite artists. " She yelled from the kitchen, as she made the tea. She then emerged from there for a quick second to point out the ones that were hers.

"I prefer drawing faces over landscapes. " She stated, "It's fun for me. "

"You are pretty good at it too. " He remarked, making her blush again.

In a few minutes, they had settled on the couch sipping tea.

"You were right when you said you make amazing tea. " He complimented her again.

"Some things are just facts so why not say so myself. " She joked and shrugged amusedly.

It fell silent for a while and Kira found herself staring at him again. She didn't know how it happened, she would only meant to glance at him but once she set her gaze on him it refused to move away from him. She didn't mean to stare and possibly make him uncomfortable, she was taught it was against proper etiquette yet she had been going against etiquette a lot lately.

"I was wondering, " She spoke up before she could even mentally prepare herself to speak, startling herself in the process. She chuckled before continuing, "now this is going to sound so cliche coming from an artist, but I'd like to paint a picture of you. "

"I thought you'd never ask. " He joked to ease her awkwardness.

"Now I could just click your picture and use that as my reference" She added "Uhh, but, if you don't mind," She was hesitant, " I would love to have the classic experience of drawing directly from a live pose. So if you have the time for it." She then quickly added, "It's okay if you don't, I understand." She trailed off meekly.

"Sure, that sounds fun. I have never had such an experience either. " He instantly answered, "How about this Sunday?"

"Sunday sounds great. " She chimed delightfully.

...

Gouenji presented himself at Kira's apartment on Sunday as planned. As soon as he knocked on the door, he heard a loud commotion from the other side, of things falling and a groan, and then of footsteps running towards the door. Finally, the door opened and a disoriented looking Kira welcomed him with a cheery smile,

"I almost thought you were going to cancel. I've been waiting. " She tried to sound casual, catching her breath after all the commotion that had just happened.

"I'm sorry I'm late. " He said sheepishly.

He followed her in as she picked up the things she had dropped on her way to the door, "So what do I have to do?" He asked.