Pluperfect (Jimohnny)

plu·per·fect

adj.

1. More than perfect; supremely accomplished; ideal

It was the ideal ending to their wonderful weekend.

Being in a band was hard work, and Johnny and Jimmy hardly had any time to get away or be alone. But when Jimmy suggested that they take the weekend off and go camping, Johnny had leapt at the offer. They drove three hours up to Yosemite National Park, and spent the weekend toasting marshmallows, hiking, telling ghost stories and singing songs at the top of their lungs.

It was Sunday night, they would be leaving the next day, and Johnny and Jimmy were sitting by their campfire's dying embers, hands entwined. "This has been a good weekend." Jimmy sighed contentedly, and Johnny nodded, watching sparks jump as the coals crackled and popped.

"We should go swimming." He said, and Jimmy chuckled.

"Yeah, we might have a little time in the morning to go to the lake-"

"No, tonight. Let's go." Johnny stood up, sliding on his flip flops and grabbing a flashlight.

"Wait, right now?" Jimmy asked, and Johnny nodded.

"I wanna make the most out of this weekend. Who knows when we'll get another one like it? And we only went swimming once. C'mon, Jims..."

"Yeah, yeah, I'm coming. But the water's gonna be cold as balls, you know that, right?"

Johnny nodded, practically giddy now as they made their way away from their campsite and down the little road to the trail that led to the lake. They had to be quiet initially, but once they were away from the other campsites, they were loud and boisterous, racing each other down the path, then pausing when Johnny's back was slammed roughly against a tree, and Jimmy's tongue was in his mouth.

"Fuck, Jimmy-" Johnny moaned as Jimmy sucked harshly at his pulse point. "It's the middle of the night we can't-"

"Can't?" Jimmy chuckled, hands sliding under Johnny's shirt, skimming over Johnny's skin. "I think we can." He rolled his hips against Johnny's in a smooth, fluid motion, and Johnny whined.

"F-Fuck okay." He whispered, fumbling out of his shirt. "Take off your pants."

~*~

They reached the lake sated and happy, Jimmy even gave Johnny a piggy back ride (despite the fact that his muscles felt like Jell-O). On the shore, Johnny kicked off his shoes, pants and boxers following suit. He still hadn't returned his shirt from their little excursion a while back. He squeaked when Jimmy scooped him up with no warning and ran down the little dock, leaping into the water.

They came up together sputtering and shivering, and Johnny whined, clinging to Jimmy. "W-What was that for?" He asked, teeth chattering as he spoke. "It's fucking cold in here!"

"I told you it would be cold." Jimmy laughed, pushing away from Johnny so he could dive back down into the water.

Johnny just shivered, torn between bailing and heading to the dock, or swimming around to try and get used to it. When Jimmy resurfaced a few yards away, Johnny paddled over to him, folding into Jimmy's arms. "H-Hold me up." He said, "I'm freezing."

Jimmy laughed, wrapping his arms around the smaller man, feet kicking to keep them up. "You're naked." He whispered in Johnny's ear. "I'm naked. How about round two? Think we could fuck while treading water? That sure would warm you up..."

Johnny whined. "No, it's so cold in here. I couldn't keep it up. And I don't have the stamina for that. I'm spent."

Jimmy ran his hand up and down Johnny's arm. "You've got goosebumps."

"Hm, I wonder why?" Johnny pouted up at Jimmy, who kissed him gently.

"Hey, this was your idea, not mine." Jimmy murmured. "Very smart idea, Jay. Might be the smartest thought you've had this whole trip." He flashed a smile before Johnny could look offended. "Seriously. Skinny dipping with my lover, the stars shining brighter than they ever would have in Huntington, the cold water it just... it makes me feel alive."

He pushed away from Johnny, who had grown accustomed to Jimmy's warmth. He closed his eyes, floating on his back. "Yeah, I wish we could do this all the time."

Johnny sighed, floating on his back as well, staring up at the stars. There were a lot of stars out tonight. If he looked hard enough, he could even begin to see the faint spattering that made up the Milky Way galaxy.

"Do you ever think of how insanely tiny we are?" Johnny asked, and Jimmy sighed.

"All the time. You especially."

He lazily stroked his way over to where Jimmy was, taking his boyfriend's hand in his own. "We're on this one planet, and like a million of our planets can fit into the sun, and this sun is actually a tiny sun, and there are billions of suns like it in this one galaxy, which is just one of millions." Johnny closed his eyes. "It makes my head hurt."

"Yeah, it is crazy, isn't it?"Jimmy squeezed his hand gently. "And in all of the seven billion people on this earth, I found my perfect match. The best one of them all. Who would've guessed?"

Johnny blushed, "I love you, Jimmy. I love everything about you, too. That's another thing. How the fuck did you become the man that you are? What sort of special serum did they inject in your genes? Not only are you the most handsome man I've ever laid eyes on, but you're talented too. And so fucking intelligent, it blows my mind. And you've got such a wonderful sense of humor and when you smile, it's just so genuine. Damn, James. How the fuck do you manage it?"

Jimmy didn't reply. He sank down into the water, and Johnny smiled softly as Jimmy swam under him.

When Jimmy emerged on the other side, he hugged Johnny tight. "I wonder the same thing about you every day, Johnny. Every moment, even. And no one will ever know how it feels when you touch me, the way my head spins and my heart races when you whisper in my ear. You're just so pluperfect and-"

"Pluperfect?"

"More than perfect. You're so much more than perfect to me, and I-" Jimmy buried his face in Johnny's wet neck. "I just hope you know how much you mean to me, because there's simply no way I can express it with words."

They made their way to the dock, sitting on it, not bothering to get their clothes just yet. Jimmy rested his hand on Johnny's thigh, and Johnny let his head lean on Jimmy's shoulder. Neither of them spoke for a while, they just looked at the stars, and the reflections they cast over the gently rippling water. Jimmy pressed a kiss to the top of Johnny's head.

"So this 'pluperfect,'" Johnny said, "how is it even attainable? By definition you can't be more than perfect, can you?"

Jimmy ran his hand up and down Johnny's thigh absently. "By definition, not really. But I think that 'perfect' is a word that's been overused in today's society. You hear the word 'perfect' all the time. So much so that the word has really lost most of its meaning for me. So I guess I just think that pluperfect is what I can say to show you that you mean more to me than this average, blasé definition that the world has. So much more."

Johnny turned his head, and they kissed, Johnny hoped that his passion would show through the kiss, that Jimmy would understand Johnny's emotions through the fevered way their lips molded together. "What about love?" Johnny whispered, his words sounding hot and urgent in the still night air. "Love is a word that has lost its meaning too, right?"

Jimmy chuckled. "Yeah, I think love is a word that needs us to create our own definition." He pressed his lips to the corner of Johnny's mouth. "Why don't you show me what love means to you?"

"Oh I could think of a few things." In a single motion, Johnny straddled Jimmy's hips. "And there is only one word I could use to describe them... since perfect won't work."

"Well, they say actions speak louder than words." Jimmy winked. "And we'll just call this whole night pluperfect."

"Alright." Johnny drank in the sparkle in Jimmy's eye, and his voice came out low and hot and wanting, "Allow me to demonstrate exactly what love means to me."