Tandem (Mohnny)

Author's Note: Mohnny? Jatt? I don't know, but this is Matt/Johnny. I threw this together because I'm sorry I don't update my stories every other day, and it's been a while since I posted a one shot. I hope you guys like this one! Let me know what you think!

-foREVerADeathbat

--------------------

“Hey, Matt?”

“Hey, Johnny?” Matt was flipping through the channels, TV remote in one hand, sandwich in the other. This was what he had meant when he asked if Johnny wanted to come over. Not quite as exciting as anything Johnny had in mind…

“I wanna do something dangerous.”

“Easy. Go ruffle up Brian’s hair after he fixes it. That should be dangerous enough.”

Johnny shuddered at the thought of what Brian would do to him after something like that. “Um, I said dangerous, not reckless. I want to… I want to go skydiving.”

“Skydiving?” Matt laughed, muting the TV so he could look at Johnny, “Did I hear you correctly?”

Johnny nodded, taking Matt’s sandwich from his hand. “Skydiving. And I want you to come with me.” He took a bite of the sandwich, chewing thoughtfully. “Hey, this is good, what all’s in here?”

“You. Little short shit Johnny Christ. Want to go skydiving. Like, jump out of a plane. While it’s thousands of feet in the air. And plummet to the ground.”

“Yeah. And if we each go with an instructor attached to us, we can get by with only an hour training session before we jump.” Johnny took another bite of Matt’s sandwich.

“Are you sure you’re thinking straight? I kinda thought you’d be more into those little pot holder looms than you’d be into skydiving…”

“Dude, what the fuck? I want to skydive. I’m tired of doing boring things. Some danger will add some spice back into my life. I’m 24, and I’ve got nothing to show for it. I play some concerts, I drink some booze, I get high, bang members from small punk bands. That’s it. Skydiving is the thrill I need.”

“You’re griping like you’re having a midlife crisis.” Matt mused, reaching over to take his sandwich back, which Johnny held out of his reach.

“Just come with me, okay? I’ll buy your ticket.”

“Fine.” Matt said, “But once I agree to do this, you’re not going to back out on me. Not even when we’re in the plane.”

“No way. I promise.” Then Johnny took the last bite of the sandwich. “Anyway, thanks for lunch! I’ll text you the details and stuff.”

Then he was gone, leaving Matt chuckling and shaking his head. “Let’s just see how long it takes before you back out of this one.”

~*~

Matt was actually surprised when Johnny made it through the whole training session without a second thought. They met the instructors that would be going with them, and were suiting up when Jimmy, Brian, and Zacky came to bid their farewells.

“We’ll be right here on the ground when you get back.” Brian said, “Try not to die.”

“This is so thoughtless and wild of you, both of you!” Jimmy cried, flinging his arms around Matt and Johnny. “Why the hell didn’t I think of doing something like this?”

“Sorry, Jims. Johnny invited me and it’s only two jumps per flight. Maybe next time, though. If Johnny survives this one, that is.” Matt winked at Johnny, and he pouted.