Part Eleven

Kenma looks over at Kuroo, his raven haired head lays on the back of the couch, he has fallen asleep halfway through the movie, even though it's only noon, the stress got to him. Kenma pats his spiked up messy hair and smiles. He stands up and adjusts his friends sleeping position so that his head is on one of the couch pillows and that he's now actually sleeping horizontally. Kenma takes a blanket from a closet and lays it over Kuroo. The small setter's eyes stare at Kuroo, fascinated by his featured.

"You're so peaceful, I wonder who else has gotten to see this side of you before, I hope it's only me and forever will be only me. I guess I'm selfish.... god you should gut punch me, maybe that would help." Kenma thinks to himself, quite frustrated with himself. He stroked Kuroo's hair just as Kuroo does to him. His face nuzzles into his hand and Kenma gasps, excited but also trying to remain calm. He looks around the room, as if trying to find someone to tell. Kenma looks back at Kuroo and smiles.

There's a buzzing sound. Kenma looks around and tries to find the source, eventually he finds that it's coming from Kuroo's pocket. He gently takes it out and walks to the other room before answering. "Hello?"

"... you aren't Kuroo." A non familiar voice stated from the other end.

"Oh no, I'm not. This is Kenma Kozume." He responds.

"Where is Kuroo?"

"Um he's asleep, can I take a message?"

"No it's fine, just tell him Tsukishima called. Okay?"

Kenma almost lets out a gasp before catching himself, "O-oh okay. Is that all?"

There's silence at the other end before an answer, "Yes that's all. Have a good day." The line clicks and a humming sound fills Kenma's ear.

He taps off the call and stands there silently for a moment, "why wouldn't he be calling his inevitable boyfriend. That's what you do when you're lovers.." Kenma says to himself. He places the phone on the coffee table before walking to his room.

The dyed blonde shuts the door behind himself and locks it, tears immediately following. He brings the back of his hands to his eyes and rubs his eyes red. "Stupid stupid stupid stupid!" He yells, but it comes out as only a whisper. "Why'd you have to call! I was just.. I was just getting the stupid confidence!" Kenma scoffs and slides down his door. He brings his knees to his chest and sobs as quietly as he can into his knees.

It's about thirty minutes before Kenma is finally able to calm down enough to breathe smoothly. His eyes are redder than they've been in a while. Kenma walks to his window and opens it, then leans over and emptying the blood and flower petals from his throat down into the grass below.

He wipes his mouth and turns to his desk, "It's more frequent now. It's only a matter of time..." Kenma says to himself quietly.

He sits down at his desk and pulls out a notebook and pencil. Kenma begins to scratch words down onto the paper..

-a few hours later-

Kenma feels something wet on his head and his eyes slowly open. A figure is leaning over him, a figure so familiar that Kenma doesn't have to gain focus to know who it is. "Kuroo? What are you doing?" He asks, his voice scratchy from crying and due to the fact he just woke up.

Kuroo smiles, "You're eyes and nose were red, so I thought I would help. And you know.. leaving your window open doesn't help with being sick." He says, sounding like a concerned parent.

Kenma smiles, "I'm sorry, I was looking at the sky, it was a pretty afternoon." It isn't a complete lie, he had taken a small glance at it in the middle of throwing up.

Kuroo nods, believing the story. "Well I'm glad you've taken in interest in nature, but you gotta be careful." He says, flicking Kenma's cheek, who responds with a noise of pain.

"Jeez I said I'm sorry.." he pauses, "What time is it?"

Kuroo looks at his phone, "it's six o'clock. We slept for a long time. But I'm glad, you seemed to have needed it." Kuroo smiles and looks back up at Kenma, who's still tucked under the covers.

Kenma nods slowly, sadly he had woken up, and there's something he positively knows Kuroo will ask.

"Hey, since we both slept for like four hours, would this count as tomorrow?" There it is.

Kenma sighs and sits up, "I guess. There's no point in constantly putting it off. But not here, how about we go that bridge with the benches?" Kenma suggest, Kuroo nods.

"Okay, but first you should shower." Kuroo pats Kenma's head. And Kenma nods in agreement.

He swings his slender legs over the bed and walks down the hallway and into the bathroom.

After a few minutes, Kenma comes into us bedroom in a towel and looks through clothes, trying to find something nice. Kuroo's waiting in the living room, probably chatting with Tsukishima. His heart aches.

The dyed blonde picks out a white sweatshirt, jeans, tied flannel around his waist, and gray jeans. He walks up to the mirror and looks at himself. As the final touch, Kenma uses a hair tie to tie up his growing hair into a ponytail. He smiles.

Kenma walks out and looks at Kuroo, who's smiling at his phone. "Are you ready?" He asks a bit forcefully, more so than he wanted.

Kuroo jumps a little and looks up, "o-oh yeah! Let's go!" Kuroo stands up and opens the door for Kenma.