Part Three

I stare down at my hand in shock. When had I eaten a flower? Or maybe one accidentally got stuck in a food I ate. I turn it around in my finger.

I brush it off, then grab my bag, swinging it over my shoulder. I walk out of Kuroo's house and lock it behind me. I stuff the petal in my pocket as a just in case.

My house is just next door to Kuroo's, so it obviously doesn't take me long to get inside and into my room. I bring out my phone and look for any messages from Kuroo, one hopefully saying that he's coming back because Tsukkishima is being boring. But there is nothing.

A few hours later, while I'm playing on my Nintendo Switch, I hear my phone buzz. I look over and grab it, reading the ID. It's Kuroo. I quickly open my phone and read the message.

Kuroo: The date went great! ;) we got some food from a cafe and then walked around for a bit, I'm heading home now! Did you stay at my place?

I reread his message over and over, the word date stabbing at my heart like a knife. I text back, although it's hard since my fingers feel nearly numb.

Kenma: No I didn't stay. I'm glad you had fun.

Using the word glad was too much of an overstatement. I feel something in my throat and I start to cough.

This time it's three petals.

I start to panic, I haven't eaten anything, I haven't even moved from this spot since I got here! Where are these coming from?! I crumple them between my fingers and toss them into the trash can beside my nightstand.
Maybe online has some explanation to why I'm coughing flower petals? I grab my phone again and type on the web:

What does it mean to cough up flower petals?

I press the search button. The first folded word that comes up is "Hanahaki"

I press the screen to read more about it. My stomach drops. "In love?" I say to myself, almost to confirm the words I read. I continue to finish the article, there's a lot of information to unpack. So I'm in love with someone, and it's obviously one-sided, and so I either must confess to them; or I can lose my feeling to love. I guess there's another option also.. just wait it out and die.

But who am I in love with?

Kuroo

My eyes get a little wide, "No no.. someone else.."

Kuroo

I throw my pillow at the wall. "Dammit. He had to show his stupid face in my head when I think about love!" I make an angry sound, it's quiet so my parents don't hear it, or if they did they probably think I lost at a game.

I grab the other pillow on my bed and hold it tight to my chest. Can I even tell Kuroo about this?

No. He said things are going well with Tsukkishima. I can't ruin that for the both of them.

Can I get the surgery? I'm sure my parents, and Kuroo, wouldn't want me to lose the feeling to love just because I can't confess. Besides, the websites said that my love needs to love me back for it to be cured.

"Argh this is so frustrating!" I say, a bit stressed. "I'll just sleep on it." I stand up and walk over to turn off my lights, but then I suddenly stop.

"Would Kuroo react well if I told him about this?" I ask myself then turn off the lights and go to bed.

While trying to sleep, thoughts overflow my brain and I end up going to sleep in a bad mood.