Part four

Writing in first person throws me off, I'm gonna be writing in third person from now on.

————

Kenma wakes up, and when he opens his eyes he sees Kuroo, shaking the dyed blonde. "Oh thank god! You're finally up! I slept in a little, so hurry up and get dressed!" He says frantically, stealing the blanket from Kenma.

Kenma stretches and sits in bed for a second, trying to process with this weary head what Kuroo is saying. "Mmm.." Kenma mumbles and stands up, still drowsy and unbalanced. Kuroo grabs my uniform from the floor and shoves it into my arms.

"Hurry up and get dressed!" He says then walks out, closing the door to give me some privacy to change.

Kenma slides off his sweats and puts on his school uniform bottoms, then He slides his shirt over his head and off his arms, replacing the shirt with a white one. Finally he buttons up his Nekoma uniform blazer.
Kenma grabs his school bag and walks out of his room, finding kuroo waiting on the couch. "Let's go." the setter says quietly, and Kuroo thankfully hears him.

The two walk to school together, talking very little between the two. Kenma thinks whether it's a good idea to tell Kuroo about his Hanahaki. No. He would ask Kenma who he likes, that would only lead to a confession he isn't ready for quite yet.

Kuroo gives a side glance to Kenma, seeing him in deep thought arises some questions. He places his arm across Kenma's shoulder, making the smaller male jump a little, "Whatcha thinking so hard about, Kitty?" Kuroo raises an eyebrow.

Kenma's eyes go wide a little, he brushes his hair behind his ear, "I forgot to do my homework last night." He sighs, thankfully there is an excuse.

Kuroo laughs, "You dummy, that's the whole reason why you went to your place last night! I bet you took one look at your DS and got distracted."

Kenma nods quickly, glad his captain fell for his lie, "I didn't.. I took a small nap.. then went on my DS..." I pour, shoving my hands in my pocket.

Kuroo ruffles my hair and I look up at him with an annoyed face, "Awe Kitty you're so cute!" They arrive at the school and the two walk to their classroom.

Classes go on as normal, and the bell finally rings for lunch.

Kuroo stops by Kenma's class, "Oi Kitty! Let's go to lunch." He says, waving his Bento around. Kenma grabs his lunch and quickly walks over to Kuroo, lightly punching his chest.

"Dont be loud like that, it's embarrassing." Kenma says quietly. Kuroo smirks and the two walk outside, taking their seat on a bench and eat their lunches.

"Oh yeah, I never told you about yesterday since you left. Me and Tsukkishima practiced tossing to each other for a little, then we got food. Not super big but I think I'm making progress!" Kuroo says happily.

Kenma coughs into his arm, he doesn't have to look to know there are more petals. He immediately brings his arm to his side, letting the petals fall to the floor. "Oh. Well that's good. I didn't think the blocker would ever ask you out first." Kenma says, able to keep his voice steady.

Kuroo looks at Kenma, raising an eyebrow. "That was a bad cough, are you sick." He grabs Kenma's face and stares at it.

Kenma's face goes red and he pushes Kuroo away. "Dont get so close, it's embarrassing." The setter says quietly.

Kuroo laughs. "You're so cute kitty." Kenma's heart gives a little jump in his chest. "And yeah, I didn't think he would too, but I guess my face is so handsome he had to see it again." Kuroo playfully says.

The two talk about school and volleyball for the rest of lunch before the bells rings. They walk back to their class and Kenma stops to go to the restroom before his class.

He leans in a stall, "Kuroo called me cute.." he says quietly to himself. He places a hand on his chest to slow his breathing, tears rim his eyes, the fact that Kuroo didn't even mean what he said hurt worse than losing a game file he worked hard on.