Part Nine

Kuroo watches Kenma carefully, an awkward tension fills the room. Kenma folds his hands in his lap and swings his legs lightly, waiting for Kuroo to say something like he usually does to break the silence. He waits for that comment, or sarcastic statement that will start a conversation between the two. Nothing happens. "Kuroo please say something?" Kenma asks shyly, and he doesn't look his black haired friend in the face.

Kuroo sighs, "What do you want me to say. That I think you're an idiot for not going to the doctors sooner? You must've had some symptoms before now, why didn't you say anything? Especially to me?" Kuroo asks, concerned and hurt that his best friend he knew for years kept something so serious from him.

"I wanted to tell you.. I still want to tell you.. but I'm scared.." tears form at Kenma's eyelids, and he bats them to make them disappear.

Kuroo walks over to Kenma and places a hand on his shoulder, "Why were you scared to tell me of something like this? I'm worried about you, you coughed up a lot of blood." Kuroo rubs Kenma's small shoulder with his thumb.

Kenma rubs his eyes and looks at Kuroo finally, "I really wish you weren't that dense." Kenma says, just loud enough for Kuroo to eat barely.

The taller male opens his mouth to say his reply, but the door opens, interrupting. "Kenma Kozume? Please follow me, I'd like to do some X-Rays?" He asks, looking at Kenma with a smile.

Kenma hops off the examination table and walks over to the doctor, the two leave the room and Kuroo is left behind, trying to understand why he's considered "dense."

Kenma silently follows the doctor to another room, there's a large machine, the X-Ray. The doctor gestures Kenma to stand on the machine.

The small process takes a while, but the doctor sighs as he's come to a conclusion. "I'm sure youre already aware, seeing as how far along you are.. but you have hanahaki disease. Now you have two options to help you, either get the surgery or confess. Although with the surgery, you lose the ability to have romantic feelings again. And confessing is usually a 50/50 chance." He says slowly, looking at Kenma to make sure the information when through.

Kenma nods shakily, he had had hanahaki disease for a while now, he knew it, but hearing it aloud like that only made him sick. "Ah I see.. I'm guessing the surgery costs a lot.." Kenma states.

The doctor nods, "It's a bit of an uncommon surgery surprisingly and also quite difficult , but if you're worried Dont be. The surgeons here have a very high success rate." He gives a comforting smile. "Would you like me to speak with the adult who brought you here about it?" Kenma shakes his head quickly.

"If possible.. I don't want them knowing about it. Then they'd try and help me... if you could only give the basic details, I'll break it to them  soon enough..." Kenma pleads, nearly letting the tears fall from his eyes.

The doctor nods, "Yes, I understand."

Another few minutes go by, the doctor gives Kenma a few papers about the surgery, and just basic information on ways on how to handle or take care of Hanahaki.

Kenma is released and he goes back to Kuroo, who's still in the room the doctor took Kenma from. "We can leave now, I got what I needed."

Kuroo sits up in surprise, "Wait the doctor isn't gonna come and speak to us about what's wrong?"

Kenma shakes his head, "No, I know what's wrong with me and that's good enough."

Kuroo looks at the papers, "What are those for?" He asks, concerned and curious.

Kenma crumpled them up and tossed them into the small trash bin by the counter, "they're nothing. Can we please leave?" Kenma reaches out and grabs Kuroo's sleeve. "I'll even do what you say.. I'll stay home and take care of myself.."

Kuroo steps forward and brings Kenma into a light hug, "Okay, if that's what you want." They both walk out and find Kuroo's mother, Kenma informs them both of the bare minimum, making a few things up. Mrs. Kuroo complains a little about how the doctor didn't even come out and speak to her.

The group leaves the building and gets settled in the car, same seating arrangements.

I'm not exactly sure how hospitals work, but like, hope you enjoyed, sorry for such a late update! School work is stupid.