𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝟒

Bohei looked over the side of the large ship; he could only see one other ship.

ㅤ"There's two other ships besides ours, right?" He asked, turning around and looking at his group of teachers and family.
ㅤ"Yes, they're filled with White Lotus soldiers, in case anything goes wrong." Qiu scratched his thick beard as he answered.
ㅤ"So you think we can't defend ourselves?" Bohei teased the older man, making him flustered and grumbling.
ㅤ"No, there's just certain things that could happen that'd prevent smooth passage.

Bohei nodded. He already understood what the man meant but decided to play dumb. It was something he did to annoy Qiu because, as Qiu puts it, 'he's smarter than the way he's acting, and Qiu doesn't know why he'd choose to act this way!' As strict as Qiu was on Bohei, he genuinely cared for the avatar.

ㅤ"I've never been to the ocean, let alone had this much access to water." Bohei stands on the side of the ship, staring down at the water. "I wonder how much of this I could bend."
ㅤYouta closed his eyes. "You'll be able to test it once we're in the Fire Nation," he answered.
ㅤ"Or..." Bohei started," I can test it now." Bohei fell forward, flipping as his body hit the water.

Jin and Chonglin were the first ones standing; they glared at each other, and Chonglin began flying, jumping off of the side of the boat while Jin looked over the side of it. "Oh my spirits!" Jin yelled, staring at Bohei, keeping himself in the air, and following the ship with his arms crossed. Everyone had rushed over to see if Bohei was actually in any danger, and they stared down at him. Bohei launches the water spout into the air, surpassing anything Chonglin had seen before, and he had seen all of the buildings Republic City had to offer. "Amazing..." He whispered to himself. Bohei giggled to himself as Chonglin floated up to him. Bohei sank in his water spout, beginning to move it with the ship, diving over the ship. The water spout began to wrap around the ship as if it were a snake coiling around its prey. His body finally revealed itself, and he was laughing. "I've never had this much restricted access to water!"

ㅤGenji scratched his chin. "Has Bohei always been this powerful?" He looked at the boy move the spout off of the boat, similar to a snake unraveling itself from prey.
ㅤ"You think he's powerful? You should see Chonglin; they're quite equal to each other in their own respective elements." Meihua affirmed.
ㅤDawa nodded. "Mhm," he hummed, agreeing.

They looked up to see Chonglin grabbing Bohei in a sphere of air and then shooting him out in a makeshift catapult. Bohei went flying; he went into a diving position, causing the water to shoot up and encase him, allowing him to quickly rush back to Chonglin in a large waterspout. They continued this in various directions, with Bohei's waterspouts becoming large enough to rock the ships.

ㅤ"They really are brothers." Qiu glares at the two playing and looks at Meihua. "Didn't you say you adopted Chonglin?" He raised an eyebrow, and she nodded.
ㅤ"I did. Those two are not brothers biologically." Qiu listened as Meihua continued, "They're so deeply connected in a way that surpasses the physical one. It's like their spirits are tied together. They can feel when the other is in danger or where the other is. Chonglin knows he can throw Bohei like this because if Bohei was in any real danger, he'd know."

Chonglin drops onto the water, wrapping around himself, allowing him to skate across the water at speeds similar to a jetski. He quickly passed the ship in speed. "Why didn't they just go themselves?" Youta chuckled, looking over the ledge and watching the two brothers play. Jin crossed his arms and pouted; he was jealous that he didn't have a way to join them in the playing. He then noticed Bohei... running on water? He was confused but wasn't sure how to ask without offending a waterbender.

Jin thought for a bit, "That's a cool trick, Bohei; how do you do it?"
ㅤBohei skipped along the water and said, "Oh, it's really simple, actually. I freeze the water right before I step on it, but only in the shape of my foot, then melt it as I get off of it, so it looks like I'm walking on water. It's like how I duststep. Mom taught it to me." he explained.
ㅤJin looked at the older woman with wide eyes, then he remembered that Meihua was a champion probender for a reason, and he wondered if she could do the same.
ㅤ"Oh, please, I barely fight anymore; I don't fight anymore; I just heal." Meihua waved him off, seeming to know his question before he asked it.
ㅤ"What else has she taught you?" Jin yelled over the ledge.