! Prologue !

ㅤㅤThe night that the two brothers consider to be fate was a dark one

ㅤㅤThe night that the two brothers consider to be fate was a dark one. A circle of storm clouds began to cover the sky. It had yet to begin raining, but the thunder started. There was a boom, powerful enough to shake the ground. A mother walked with her son, holding his hand as they walked.

ㅤ"Look how many movers we got!" The brown-skinned boy held up a case of movers for his mother.
ㅤHis purple eyes shone as he looked into his mother's blue ones. "I know, which one do you want to watch first?"
ㅤThe boy put a hand on his chin, curious as he looked through them. "The Adventures of Nuktuk: Hero of the South," he read. "They finally got it in color!"

The woman nodded and looked at the sky, noticing smoke beginning to fill the air. She began to run towards the smoke, the boy behind her.

ㅤ"Mom, what's wrong?" he cried before noticing the burning building.
ㅤ"It'll take too long for the fire department to get here."

The woman gets active, walking to a fire hydrant and lifting her leg. She slams it down, one of the screws flying off and causing water to shoot in the air. She moved her arms, beginning to bend the water into a giant sphere above the building, bringing her arms down, causing the water to shoot down like rain. This only extinguished most of the fire that was external. The woman began to manipulate the continuously flowing water, launching it through the windows and doors of the house. The son, on the other hand, walked over to the sidewalk, sitting down beside a crying boy who seemed to be floating. "Hi, I'm Bohei!" The boy said this with a smile, putting his hand out for the other boy to shake. The other boy had short, spiky brown hair and gray eyes. "Did you live there with your family?" Bohei asked, pointing to the burning building, the fire department, and the police force having finally made their way.

ㅤ"Yes, but not with my family. I lost them long ago."
ㅤ"Oh, you wanna be my family?" Bohei looked at the case of movers and lifted them, saying, "We can watch movers."
ㅤ The other boy stammered and went silent. "It's okay, I'll ask my mom." Bohei looked at the woman now talking to the police force.
ㅤ"Mom!" Bohei yelled, catching his mother's attention, making her look at them with her eyebrows raised. "He's my brother now!" This made the woman sigh and turn away.

The woman blushed as she talked to the man, scratching the back of her neck.

ㅤ"I wasn't that good." She dismissed.
ㅤ"Of course you were Meihua; you could extinguish an entire burning building alone; it'd take our entire fire department to do something like that."
ㅤ"I see why they call you 'Meihua the Storm' for pro-bending; the way you move is as graceful and soft as the wind." He continued to compliment her, causing her to chuckle out of embarrassment.
ㅤShe turned to hide her blush and noticed her son with the boy. "What about him?" she questioned, a frown growing on her face.
ㅤ"He'll likely be sent to an orphanage."
ㅤ"Wait... that's not fair," she thought for a moment. "Would it be possible to adopt him? Like legally?"
ㅤ"I can try to get it arranged. Legally, I can't just allow you to take him home, so if you'd like to come down to the station and do some paperwork."
ㅤThe woman turned and immediately nodded.
ㅤ"Bohei, come along; bring your brother, too." She called out to the boys.