33. JUST A NIGHTMARE...OF A MEMORY

I take out one of the Nancy Drew diaries series book I've gotten along with me today. This is what I do nowadays in school for the past few years even though it's the first day of my 8th grade today—grab the first book my hands lay on back in home, throw it into my school backpack, read it in my free time in school because c'mon, let's face it.

No one wants to talk to me unless it's for some help with certain subjects or homework or classwork—which is currently not much human interaction either considering how I'm going down on my academics after what happened.

And I'm fine, not with the academics fall part but the minimum human interaction part. Helps me keep my shit together without trusting people dumbly.

After what she did to me—not only to me but to another girl too who had actually considered me her true friend; but I had to go and be a dumb dickhead and suck it up to the wrong one—I pretty much went down the drain.

I never talked about how it hurt though, that's not...that's not how I function really. My mom knows that I had a major fallout with my girl best friends but she doesn't exactly know how it happened or how it mentally affected me.

Well, she knows I've felt down ever since but all she knows is just that; the tip of the iceberg.

I open and read the book that I'd brought to school today only to find out that I've picked up Sabotage at The Willow Woods.

As much as I hate the fact that the Barney keeps on hitting on Nancy, I love the fact that there are some daring activist stuffs in this book.

Especially the house-egging part!

Especially that.

With that on my mind, I start reading the book for, I don't know, 20th time or something?

I flip to the second page and adjust my black rimmed round glasses as they keep sliding down on my nose.

Ugh, why didn't you tell dad not to apply hair oil today?!

Oh, I don't know, maybe because of the fact that I woke up late today and it slipped my mind?!

A few hours back my dad had stormed into my room like a fucking hurricane while I was sleeping.

He had slammed open the door so hard that I woke up with a jolt and heard a disoriented male voice but as everything cleared up as I came out of my sleepy daze and saw the clock, I sat up—almost breaking my spine but I didn't pay mind to it at all and started running around my room like a tornado!

Late! Late! Late! Late!

Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!

I brushed my teeth and wasted five minutes on thinking whether or not to take a shower.

Why do you use Pa's deodorant for?

I appreciated my brain for the quick thinking and just washed my face before wearing a generous amount of the deodorant on my body.

I glanced at the clock to see that I had 10 minutes before the school bus comes.

Changing into the school uniform, I arranged my bag along with my book for the day but noticed my booklist missing.

I searched around my room, only to go in vain.

"Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!" I mumbled while going over everything again, making everything messy again.

I walked outta my room and shouted, "Where the fuck is my booklist?"

I saw my dad with a paper in his hands, looking at me with wide eyes.