31. DON'T WANNA HANG UP

Nikhil's P.O.V. (A/N: Because I'm still not back to my bitchy self)

Just as I lay on the bed, thinking about how to spend today and tomorrow, considering they are weekends, my phone rings.

I know I'm not alone.

The tune that Ritu had set up for me—when we were in the beginning of 9th grade and had started getting close to each other—starts playing and I remember the reason she had set that ringtone for her number in my phone and for my number in her phone.

"I like talking to you. I mean you used to be this frustrating creature but, it's like...like— I know I'm not alone, y'know." She had shrugged while dangling her legs from where she was sitting on the couch.

"You're into Alan Walker?"

She had looked confused for a second before realization about what she had just said dawned on her.

"I never intended to make that referen— hey you know what? Give me your phone." She had suddenly started beaming.

I had stopped midair, my chocolate-smeared hands nearing my mouth with the chocolate bar she had given me.

I showed them to her with a shrug to which she just rolled her eyes and trotted to me.

"May I?" She had gestured to my pocket.

I gave her the most 'Duh! You can' look and she went for the phone.

No, I'm not one of those jackasses who wear tight fitted pants so what you're wondering hadn't happened.

But nonetheless she had looked flustered when her hands came out with my phone and she unlocked it with her fingerprint before tapping something in it.

Placing it on the table, she took her phone and did something to it as well and suddenly my phone rang with Alan Walker's 'Alone'.

She wiggled her brows at it and took my phone and tapped the screen a few times and the same ringtone came from her phone.

I shook my head and went back to eating the chocolate bar, hiding my silly smile as I chewed it.

Presently, I see a picture of Ritu poking her tongue flashing on the screen along with her name and number.

Sitting up I pick it up and don't even get to greet her before her voice reaches my ears.

"Nikhil, we need to talk."

I'm taken aback by the sudden chillness in her voice but I rule it out as some network problem and continue talking with her.

"Hey, Ritu. Uh...yeah, sure we can. Everything alright?" I ask her.

"Yeah, are you free at your house? Or would you like to come over to mine?"

"Anything's fine by me actually." I say.

"Um...shall I come over there then?" I can feel her hesitance.

But why the hell is she hesitating to come over here? It's not like her first time or anything.

"Sure, hey, are you sure everything's alrig—"

"I said I'm fine. I'll come there by 7:00 pm after having my dinner?" She interrupts me.

Well, at least she's coming over. I can talk to her then.

"Okay."

"Okay."

"Bye."

"Bye."

"Hmm."

"Hmm."