Fear

Peter believed that Heroes never got scared and had no fears, so if he believed that then,  maybe he wasn't a hero.

Ever since the fight with Toomes, Peter had been deadly afraid of small spaces. He couldn't stand the feeling of being enclosed, of walls pressing against him, because it always brought him back to that warehouse, with the feeling of tons of concrete crushing him. And this constantly frustrates him, because he's Spider-Man, he's a hero, and heroes were  not  supposed to be afraid of anything. And yet, even just being in an elevator is enough to make him panic.

One night, while the team was eating dinner, (spaghetti and meatballs curtesy of Steve Rodgers), They all noticed Peter seemed quiet and distance, and didn't know why, as he seemed fine earlier, Peter wanted to now if they ever got afraid and the question had been eating away at him for ages, so he blurted out the question.

"Are you guys afraid of anything?"

At first, the team gave him surprised looks,they wernt expecting peter just to blurt out a question,like that and Peter felt his heart sink a little, because of course they're not, and they're going to think he's stupid and weak, both for asking and for being afraid-

"Water ," Steve spoke up, his voice quiet, and Peter looked up at him, surprised. "I can't stand being in water,not since I crashed that plane."

The table was silent for a moment.

"I afraid of being alone," Thor admitted. if im alone for more then 5 minutes i begin to panic,so i like to always have someone right next to me

Steve and Thor had opened some kind of floodgate, it seemed, as Natasha spoke.

"I'm terrified of dogs," she said. Her face was blank, her fists clenched. She did not elaborate, and no one asked.

"I can't stand needles," Clint informs everyone.everybody just gave him the stink eye,what Just ask Bruce. Every time he needs to inject me with something, for one reason or another, I end up fainting

Bruce Just Nodded,and smiled softly

There was light laughter around the table

"I cant stand crowds,i hate being surrounded by so many people and not being able to move," he said lightly.

Peter glances at Tony. He's sure, he's sure , that Tony is not going to answer, because Tony couldn't possibly be afraid of anything. He's been through everything, and doesn't even bat an eye at any of it.

"I'm afraid of the dark," Tony said, shrugging, looking down at his hands. "I have to leave my bathroom light on, at night. Drives Pepper crazy, though she'd never say so."

Peter felt like his heart stopped. The dark. The dark . Something so simple, and yet... Tony is afraid of the dark. Iron Man is afraid of the dark.

Tony raised an eyebrow at Peter, who realized he was staring. He felt his face heat up, and looked down at his own hands. There was silence for a few minutes.

Tony cleared his throat, nudging Peter. "So, kid, what about you? You afraid of anything?"

Peter hesitates

"I, uh... I guess I'm afraid of small spaces," Peter mumbled.

"Claustrophobia, huh?" Clint said. "Got any idea where that comes from?"

Peter shrugged. "I guess it comes from that fight I had, against the Vulture," he said slowly. "I mean, it's not really a big deal, it doesn't matter..."

"It does matter, Peter," Tony said. "If something's bothering you, it always matters. You can come to us with anything."

Peter sat silently for a few minutes. Nobody pushed him to speak, as he fiddled with his shirt sleeve, a battle raging in his mind. Finally, he spoke.

"It was... in that warehouse," he said slowly. "You know, the one that collapsed?"

The team gave murmurs of understanding, though Tony's eyes narrowed slightly. Peter took a deep breath, weighing each word carefully.

"So, I told you guys I saw it collapse..." he said. "And that wasn't a lie. I did see it. I just... sort of... saw it in a more... first person point of view? From the inside, you could say?"

There was dead silence around the table,you could hear a pin drop,well you could if someone dropped one

"Are you telling me," Tony said. "That when that warehouse collapsed... you were inside ?"

"You could say that, yes," Peter said weakly. "So, you know, couple tons of concrete fell on my head, so I'm not a huge fan of being enclosed."

"Oh my god, Peter ," Tony pulled Peter close to him. "I am so sorry that happened."

"It's not your fault," Peter shrugged. "I just didn't want to admit it. I always believed that you guys are the Avengers, you're fearless, so I should be, too."

"Everyone's afraid of something," Natasha said gently. "Sometimes, you have to do things despite it, but sometimes, it's okay to admit you're afraid and stay out of situations that scare you."

They were silent for a moment, Peter leaning his head on Tony's shoulder, until he broke the silence

"Thank you guys," Peter whispered.

"Anytime, kid," Tony whispered back.