~Caretaker-Kylo Ren~

Start from the beginning

"Kylo?" You furrow your brow at the sound of him sneezing and coughing. "Are you okay?"

" Fine," he mutters.

You poke your head into the bathroom and storm up to him despite his grumbles of protest. You cup his face in your hands, scanning his tired features. The usual gleam in his eyes had faded to a dull nothingness and as you push his messy morning hair aside, you feel the burning of his forehead.

"Kylo, you're sick." You cross your arms.

"I'm fine," he insists.

You grab onto his wrist as he raises the toothbrush to his mouth. "You're not fine. I'm going to contact the command deck to tell them you're not attending the debriefing. I don't want you leaving these quarters until you're feeling better. Don't argue with me."

Kylo groans, knowing that when you were like this it was hard to stop you or say no. He allows you to drag him back to bed, watching you fret around him in amusement.

"I'll draw you a bath."

He gives you a look. "I hate baths."

"You don't have a choice, Supreme Leader." You shoot back. "If you want, I'll join you, but don't expect to get around this."

"If you join me, you'll get sick too." Kylo tries to argue.

You shake your head. "It's too late for that anyways. If I get sick, I guess you'll just have to take care of me too."

"I don't need a caretaker." He snaps.

"No? Well if you had listened to your 'caretaker' you wouldn't be in this situation in the first place." You roll your eyes and head into the bathroom to get the water running.

Kylo continues to watch you hurrying around the room to fix him some soup, feeling his own eyes growing heavier and heavier.

"Kylo," you say softly, smiling at the sight of him drifting off. You sit on the edge of the bed and he sits up slowly, his hand appearing from within the blanket pile to rest on your thigh. "You've got to eat."

He nods weakly and reaches for the spoon. It shakes in his grasp, feeling much heavier than it usually was. A short burst of rage fills him. Kylo hated feeling weak no matter what he was doing. He grunts and throws the spoon across the room. You don't flinch. You were used to these little outbursts.

When you return with another spoon, Kylo looks at you wearily. He doesn't have to say anything for you to know what he meant. You scoot closer and lift a spoonful of soup to his lips. It was clear that he wasn't entirely comfortable with the idea of being babied.

Once you finish helping him eat, you lean in and press a kiss to his hot forehead. You cup his face in your hands, smiling at him sadly as you stroke his cheeks with your thumbs. Kylo begins to cough as you disappear into the bathroom once more to shut off the water. He slowly shifts beneath the blankets, pushing them back. The cold hits his weakened body at once, causing him to shiver.

"Careful," you grab onto his arm when a spell of dizziness hits him.

Kylo stays silent as you guide him into the bathroom. The scent of the bath minerals you had poured into the water hits his nostrils, giving him a momentary relief from the congestion. He felt entirely useless as you help him undress. Kylo grips onto your arm as you help him into the sleek black tub. He had never used the thing until you moved in with him. He would come back from a mission or a long day of work and see you just soaking in the warm water. Eventually you roped him into it as well, but it was rare and he only ever took a bath if you were joining him.

The warm water brings relief back to his icy skin. Kylo sinks down, gripping the sides of the tub tightly. The water rises to his broad chest that was slicked with sweat. His eyes flicker over you as you settle down beside the bathtub.

"What are you doing?" Kylo asks hoarsely.

"I know you don't like bathing alone." Your fingers trail down his arm. "At this rate, it's going to be a rough week for you."

His eyes scan your face. "I haven't been fair to you." Speaking pained him, but the words had to be said.

You raise your eyebrows in surprise. "Kylo, I'm not going to get offended over what you do or don't like."

Kylo shakes his head stiffly. "That's not fair. I just... the last person who took care of me like this was my mother."

This was a shock to say the least. He rarely ever spoke about his mother, even to you. You smile and twine your fingers through his. "I understand."

"I don't deserve you," Kylo sighs. He squeezes your hand. "I love you."

"I love you too."