one ☆ alleyways

please read the prologue before beginning 

━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━

Walking through the empty dark alleyways of the center was daunting, even for someone who hardly got nervous like himself. It was deathly quiet, emphasis on the deathly. As if they knew he was there. As if they were waiting for him. But the boy pressed on regardless. His own breaths were loud to him, sounding in his ears, and bouncing off the walls in whispering echos. 

He held his FN P90 close to him, stopping in his tracks to listen for any movement. After a few moments deciding it was clear he turned the corner quickly pointing his gun out at potential target, but none were found. Breathing a sigh of relief he moved on. He was close to the drop zone, he just had to make it there unscathed. 

Becoming accustomed to the silence he silently thanked the universe for his seemingly good luck since he hadn't encountered any problems thus far. However there was still a lot more than just making it there. He had to find the cargo and bring it back. It in theory had sounded easy to him when the mission was presented, however now that he was actually out there, it seemed he underestimated the fear and pressure. 

"Yahoo~ salt shaker, do you copy?" a smooth and arrogant voice sounded quietly in his ear through the black ear piece he was wearing, making him groan silently. The last thing he wanted in this moment was a distraction from the task of hand. 

"Shut the fuck up flat ass" he whisper-yelled irritated.

Hearing no reply he sighed. As much as he hated the sound of that overly cheerful bastard's voice, he knew that speaking to his superior that way wasn't going to make things any easier for him. "Yeah yeah, I copy"

"Ah good, I see you've finally learned the ways. You've always been my favorite trainie- ow! Iwa-chan! What was that for?!"

"Nothing- and- you're not using the right names again Kawa!" He heard an angry Iwaizumi answer along with another smack. The blond rolled his eyes at the pair. They had been like that since he first met them, and according to the others, since before he met them. Oikawa had always been one to push Iwaizumi's buttons. However the blond knew that as much as the hot-headed raven seemed annoyed by it, deep down he cared for the brunette more than anything. 

"Shut up, I'm trying to listen for scum." Tsukishima spat quietly annoyed at the two higher ups in his ear piece.

"Now now Tsu, that's no way to treat your commander." He heard the brunette say, making him mentally face palm at his own actions, prompting him to quickly apologize. 

"Yeah yeah, sorry Kawa, anyways what do you got for me?"

"About time-" He heard Oikawa clear his throat. "Anyways, Haj has got Tetsu up on the building at 8 o'clock, he's got your back. Kuto is at 3 o'clock giving Haj and I insights."

"Thanks" Tsukishima replied a smirk prominent on his face. Those two were senior leads, the most experienced ones at that. Kuroo Tetsuro was their resident sharp shooter, a master at aim. And as for Bokuto, he had been at the top of the senior training classes for stealth, an absolute master. 

"Alright, I'm connecting you to Tetsu" Oikawa sounded in his ear again before the line went silent. A few seconds later he heard the bold and clear voice of the Raven haired lead almost bursting his eardrums.