˚✧˳ Chapter 3 - From The Future ˳✧˚

Start from the beginning

Five pauses from his action to give me a brief deadpan look from top to bottom. I raised a brow at his sudden strange behavior, but he doesn't seem to notice it. "Good." He comments looking somewhere else.

Does he even care enough to ask why I'm young, or why I look young? Or maybe just a simple greeting from each of us? He should've stayed to wherever he was before,

Five doesn't seem to give a flying fuck he was back and the fact that he was gone half of our lives didn't seem to bother him. Oh, I just want to slam his head on the wall and say I missed him right now.

"So, are we gonna talk about what just happened?"

Five ignored Luther, we couldn't tell if it was on purpose or intentional, we weren't sure if he was in the right mind to be even asking questions, like seriously, the first thing he wanted to do after being gone was to eat a sandwich.

Klaus and I gave each other the 'Is he okay' look before proceeding to watch him lay the pair of bread.

"It's been 17 years," Luther mentions finally standing up to uphold the emotions he was feeling. I didn't feel like communicating with him right now.

"It's been a lot longer than that."

He seems to be in a foul mood and he's acting really weird. He let out a derisive breath. He ignores him and did a spatial jump coming from in front of him to the counter, reaching for the marshmallows from the hanging cabinets.

"Where d'you go?"

"The future. It's shit, by the way." My ears perked up when I heard his answer. "Called it!" Klaus comments.

"The future...?" I look at him intensely, muttering the two words under my breath. "You mean the P.B.S actually worked? Our P.B.S?" I was stupefied to find out he accomplished such an impossible outcome. I didn't seem to notice the baffled looks they gave me since I was looking at Five, waiting for his answer.

"It did, but I should've listened to the old man." He moves for the fridge to grab a peanut butter. "You know, jumping through space is one thing, jumping through time is a toss of the dice." He declared.

"Nice dress." For a moment, I thought he meant me, but he was talking to Klaus. "Oh, well, danke!"

"If you're from the future, how did you get back?" I leaned closer, wanting answers since time traveling was a topic we were always sympathetic to.

"In the end, I had to project my consciousness forward into a suspended quantum state version of myself that exists across every possible instance of time." He was talking science and math language like he always used to when we discuss matters in relation to that when we were kids.

"That makes no sense."

"Well, it would if you were smarter." Five noted while I giggle at his crude reply while Diego was ready to bury him alive, but Luther stopped him from doing so.

"So, you're in a different timeline and you achieved enough energy to be able to hop to this particular present we are in right now but not enough to take every quantum of yourself that's why you became teen?" I scratched the back of my neck trying to get any attention from him, but he was too dedicated to making that sandwich. "Exactly." He approves nonchalantly.

Everyone gave us an astonishing expression knowing that the only one who can understand the other is us.

"How long were you there?"

"Twenty-three years. Give or take."

He inclined all of us to what he just said. "So what are you saying? That you're 36?"