˚✧˳ Chapter 23 - Sailing Ship ˳✧˚

✧ THE DAY THAT WASN'T ✧

THE DAY THAT WASN'T

˚✧˳✧˚✧˳✧˚✧ ☂️ ✧˚✧˳✧˚✧˳✧˚

(Y/N) Hargreeves

"𝗜'𝗠 𝗦𝗢𝗥𝗥𝗬. 𝗔𝗠 𝗜 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗢𝗡𝗟𝗬 𝗢𝗡𝗘 𝗧𝗛𝗔𝗧'𝗦 𝗦𝗞𝗘𝗣𝗧𝗜𝗖𝗔𝗟 𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗘?" Allison said, sounding discourteous.

Five groaned and looked down as if his sight was being cloudy. He almost sounded as if he was in pain. I readily grabbed his arm before he could trip on his own step. "You good, Five?" I question, concerned for what he was feeling as I placed a thumb on his chin.

He just nodded, followed by a clearing of the throat. "Harold Jenkins. You know those lunatics in masks who attacked the house?" Luther reminded Klaus, who looks lost. "Oh yeah, I think I remember those guys."

"Yeah, the ones that attacked us and kidnapped you while you were getting drunk," Diego adds.

"Yeah. Them. They were sent by the Temps Commission to stop me from coming back and preventing the end of life on Earth."

I could see the regret in Five's eyes when he mentioned the thing about the Commission because like right now he has to explain it again. "My former employer. They monitor all of time and space to make sure that whatever is supposed to happen... Happens. They believe the apocalypse is coming in three days. So I went to Commission headquarters and intercepted a message that was meant for said lunatics. 'Protect Harold Jenkins.'" Five returned without even taking a single breath for a second, I'm shocked how much his mouth can move.

"So, he must be responsible for the apocalypse." I joined in. While everybody else looked so confused.

'Ah, shit, here they come.'

"What do you mean, protect time and space?"

"I'm gonna go get a drink."

"Where is this Hazel, Five?"

"My skin is on fire."

"Do you have any idea how insane this sounds?"

"You know what else is insane? We look like 16-year-old kids. Klaus talks to the dead, and Luther thinks he's fooling everybody with that overcoat."

I bit my lip with Five just said, trying to contain my laughter. While creating an oof sound, seeing how Luther got embarrassed.

"Everything about us is insane. It always has been. We didn't choose this life, we're just living it. For the next three days, anyway."

"But the last time we tried to stop it, we all died. Why is the time any different? Why shouldn't I go home to my daughter?" Allison protested. "Because this time, I'm here. We have the name of the man responsible. Guys, we actually have the chance of saving the lives of billions of people."