Chapter 16: Meetings & Babysitting

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"I understand. I'll set something up" his phone rang. "Excuse me" he got up from the table and walked away.

"So how is everything going, Alexander?"

"Everything is great. Thank you for asking Ms. Espinoza. And please call me Elijah."

"I've always called you by your middle name. And why are you being so formal? My father isn't even here right now. You can talk to me like a normal person. I must say I've missed you, baby. When I heard my father wanted to meet with you I knew I had to come also."

"Why's that?"

"So I could see you, of course. It's been so long since we were in the same country, let alone city. I missed you..."

Oh...I see where this is going

"Yeah, well I'm very busy these days."

"Nonsense. I'm sure you can make time for me. Our hotel is very close by. Why don't you come by after this?"

"Actually I can't." I said as Martín finally came back to the table.

"My apologies, Elijah"

"It's fine, really."

"Oh, I didn't get a chance to congratulate you the night of your crowning. You are a lucky man." He said smiling at me. Sophia looked confused.

"Why are you congratulating him?"

"I'm getting married in a few weeks" I say smirking at her.

"Y-you can't...to who?"

"Her names Mia. And thank you, Martín" I say not looking at Sophia who's currently burning a hole in the side of my head.

"I saw the way she took your little friend down. Such fire in her. Reminds me of my Angelita"

"Yeah she's amazing and I'm definitely very lucky. It's like my life started the day I met her. Everything before her was pointless..." I know that was a cheap shot at Sophia but I'm serious about being faithful to Mia. I'm getting sick of all my past hookups trying to ruin my happiness.

"Then you truly are in love my boy. Will Tuesday at 11 be a good time to meet at your office?"

"Yes, Sir. That's perfect"

"Good. Good. Well would you like to join us for dinner?"

"Any other time I would but I need to get home to my fiancée."

"I understand" he said smiling. I'd met his wife Angelita a few times. Beautiful woman. Sweet as can be but will pistol whip anyone who disrespects her. Definitely were Sophia and her sisters get their looks and attitude from though. The woman is 57 and still looks like a Victoria's Secret supermodel. "I will see you in a few days"

"Right. Well you two have a good evening. Goodbye Sophia"

She didn't say anything, just stared then narrowed her eyes at me. I didn't wait around for her to ask what was going on in her head. It wasn't any concern of mine. I left and headed home to my woman. I know Sophia and I use to fuck around whenever we were in the same city. After my divorce she was an easy lay. I'd call and she'd come. No pun intended. Sophia knew the arrangement and was aware I had no plans on dating anyone but Mia changed that. And now the thought of being with anyone who isn't Mia sickens me. Hopefully she doesn't get upset when I tell her about it.