14 »»

the woman turned to look at the clock and let out a gasp. " oh my! i've been ranting for way too long! i'm sorry to the both of you. you two are here to ask a few questions about a case, aren't you? " she asked giving a bright smile.

" no it's nothing! i enjoyed the stories you told me! " taehyung shine enthusiastically which made you grimaced. ms. seokyeong chuckled lightly.

" i'm sorry i took so much of your time. i know the polices work fast so i deeply apologize. it had just been such a long time since i had someone as young as you two to chat with. all of my children had moved out to get a better job. all was left was me here. " she told, her voice laced with gloom colors.

the air around the three quickly switch. taehyung sadly creased his eyebrows. you stared at the crook of the desk with soft eyes. she was left behind, you thought.

but then ms. seokyeong cleared her throat and pulled everyone out of their thoughts. " so, what did you two want to ask? i can answer anything as long as it is in my circle " the woman said proudly and taehyung smiled at her confidence.

your eyes got small. " was there any suspicious doings or activity around? " you got straight to the point and taehyung whispered to you to slow down. ms. seokyeong hum.

" not really. though i did notice the decrease of college students at night. usually, it would be in a big group. but then, i would always notice how one or two were missing " the woman explained.

you thought back on how she was right. most of the girls were college students with only one was a high school student.

" usually, it was only girls who walk at night. but then some boys i don't even recognize or seen started appearing. one of them actually lived across the convenience store. i don't want to talk bad but he seems to be... not in a very good state. mental wise " she said in a whisper.

taehyung had his lips stuck out, eyebrows furrowed and leaning in to listen to what the woman was saying. he was completely immersed in this.

you gave him a blank look. " so, how did your window break, ms seokyeong? "

" oh pardon my clumsiness. i was trying to pull out the window frame but accidentally knock the hammer and the window hadn't been changed in years so it completely shattered when the hammer knocked onto it. " she chuckled slightly and you nod.

taehyung nod aggressively with his arm crossed. you look at him weirdly. " yeah that happens all the time. don't worry ms. seokyeong! " he assured with a smile.

you ridiculously frowned at him. you and taehyung asked a few more questions before you wrapped it up.

you grunt and stood up with your hands on your thigh. you felt your legs go numb for sitting so long. " thanks for your time and corporations ms. seokyeong. " you grinned and the older woman replied.

" oh dear, don't mind it! i'm glad to be of help. please do catch whoever is doing this terrible thing. " the woman said with a sorrowful and sad tone.

you can't help but frown at the change of her mood. she was exactly a mother figure. you gave a promising smile, " we will. "

you and taehyung stood outside the house before a sigh escaped your lips. taehyung look down at you worriedly. " tired? "

" i'm exhausted " you replied lowly. you haven't able to get a lot of sleep because of your worries and would just stay up late.

at the same time, you also didn't expect to join in on the case but you had to because innocent girls are getting kidnapped, raped and murdered for their lives.