you feel thrilled that seonghwa was finally coming back but watching ilsong struggling trying to open the candy wrapper suddenly got to you.

you snatched it from him, “ let me open it. i can't help but get annoyed at you not being able to open this ” you finished talking at the same time the wrapper was torn open before handing it to ilsong who pouts.

he stared at the candy. “ that's so like you ” he muttered with a snickered. you raised an eyebrow, “ you mean? ”

“ you being you. helping everyone. taking care of everyone. kind to everyone. but you never help nor take care nor be kind to yourself. i just hope you don't break yourself ” you froze at ilsong's words. you noticed how his eyes were directly focused on the candy.

“ you know you can rely on others when a certain time comes, right? you do everything yourself to the point i was always scared that you would go beyond what you can hold. you're not alone, you know? ” you looked up to see ilsong was peering at you.

the lumps in your throat stayed put as you wait for him to continue. cold sweats runs down your whole body. your mouth dried out. your brain freeze for the whole moment. your eyes locked on his and ears not willing to take his words.

“ i'm literally right here, jiyeon. me, seonghwa and the girls. where else are you searching at?  ”

you kept remembering your talk with ilsong while the coconut remained unbothered in your hand. you furrowed your eyebrow and looked back at the coconut before placing it back in its place.

you continued venturing through the market after paying for the groceries. you were about to leave when a small commotion by the milk shelf caught your eyes and ears.

a girl was talking to a man beyond her height. it was like they were arguing about something. you looked closely and saw the guy holding a carton of milk.

are they seriously fighting over a carton of milk?  you thought and shakes your head. but when you step closer to only realized who the girl actually was. concerns boiled in you as you sprint in their direction.

“ kid, i know you stole this. just admit it ” you overheard him saying. she would never do that. you thought before stepping between them.

both were startled and flustered that someone interrupts them. but the girl's face immediately changed when she recognized it was you.

“ what is the problem here? ” you asked, eyes piercing through him as you hold yeojin's hand and pushed her to hide behind you. yeojin tugged on your hoodie from behind as a feeling of protected overwhelmed her. the man's expression changed.

“ that girl was trying to steal this milk,” he said, holding up the milk. you raised an eyebrow in suspicion and looked back at yeojin. however, the girl just shakes her head and you know that yeojin wouldn't such a thing.

“ i don't think that's true ” you retorted as the man grew more annoyed as you see his face turning red.

“ i'm fucking telling you, it's her! i saw her. i'm gonna call the damn security ” he said with his teeth gritted.

yeojin's face fell when she realized she was going to get you in trouble. she tried to step out but you held your grip and signaled her not to.

you watched as he called for the security and a few moments later, two men and a woman in full black attire walked over. they stop as the man with a slight gentle feature stops to look at the situation before speaking up.

“ what's the problem? ” his voice was gentle and you know he's the kind to look before leaping.

“ that girl behind her was trying to steal his milk! do something! ” he told. the securities glanced at each other. “ where is the proof? how'd you know she was trying to steal? ” the woman questioned.

the guy's face turned redder. while he was trying to convince them, you noticed how tight was yeojin gripping on your hoodie.

you could tell she wants to get out this badly. so you decided to look around. see any witnesses nearby. but then you saw something that could definitely prove yeojin's innocent.

“ excuse me, ” you called out and interrupted their argument. the second security guy turned to you. “ yes? ” you pointed at something small between the pole that was beside the fruit stand. “ is that security camera working? ” you asked as they all turn to look.

he slowly nods, “ i think so. that's camera number 18 ” he pointed and turned to his co-workers for confirmation. “ yeah, that one is working ” the woman confirmed. yeojin saw how the guy who was convicting her turned paled.

“ u-uh, i-i think i n-need to go n-now ” he stuttered before running away. you rolled your eyes as you knew he was just lying and tried to blame yeojin.

“ pfft, what an act ” the security woman cackled and stuffed her hands in her pocket. the two men laughed. “ actually, that security camera was in repairment. so i was just saying to see if he was lying or not ” the woman told.

“ anyway, good thing you defend her. poor kid would've got in trouble. we have to go now, have a nice day ladies ” the woman told and winked. you can't help but blush as they walk away. once they were gone, you let a sigh out.

“ uh, thanks unnie. for helping me ” yeojin smiled brightly before you ruffled her hair and yeojin loves the feeling. “ no biggie. glad you're safe. why are you doing here alone tho? ” you asked, looking around if the other girls were there.

“ sooyoung told me to get some stuff ”

“ i'm gonna kill her. she should've come by herself ” you growled. yeojin grinned as a warm feeling erupted in her. “ jinsol unnie did offer to come but i wanted to come by myself. it's my fault ” yeojin shrugged as if the event earlier was nothing big.

you gave her a ridiculous look. “ but still—

“ unnie ” she cut you off with her most perfect glare and pout combo. you stood your ground for a few seconds before sighing. “ fine. but next, please come with someone else. i'm not gonna be there for you ” you advised as yeojin stared at you.

“ but you're here now. you came searching for me. why would you leave? ” her words did something to you.