10 »»

“ you what? jiyeon, you can't be serious ” ilsong said with his eyebrows furrowed. you only mum before ilsong sighed and ruffled his hair in clear frustration.

after another month of being away from the girls, you decided to call up ilsong to see if you could talk to him. you were grateful that he was done with his shift. he already knew by looking, that you weren't in the best state possible.

“ you literally didn't say anything? what about the girls? ” he asked again as you kept staring at the drink in front of you.

“ i can't see them anymore. mom doesn't let me ”

“ are you serious,, what the heck is wrong with her now? ” he mumbled and rested his forehead on his palm.

you snort, “ don't ask me. she acted as if we don't matter anymore ” you ranted as ilsong listens.

“ and what is with that old man? why is he appearing now? ” ilsong questioned again and you were starting to get dizzy from all of his questions. but you just swallowed and stayed slumped on the table.

“ i don't know. but that worse thing is that he told me to call him dad when he clearly knows i won't. the guy thinks he has all the power just because he's the girl's legal parent ” you replied and coughed. ilsong slapped your back a few times before you gestured him to stop.

“ i don't know how many women he fucked to have 12 kids because they all have different surname except for hyunjin, jungeun, and jiwoo. well, they don't even look related. it's not the girl's fault but it's surely is his ” you rolled over to your left side.

a cold breath left ilsong's mouth as he gathers his thoughts. “ wait. how do you know mr. kim before i found out? ” he asked in realization.

you shrugged, “ he worked with dad before. talked to him a few times but that's all ”

“ he worked with dad? i thought dad worked alone ” ilsong knitted his eyebrows.

you turned to him, “ dad needed him as a part-timer. i think at that time, he worked for like three months after that he stops working. and it was six months just before dad died ” you reminded, and ilsong nod.

“ what is he working as now? i mean like, i have seen the big ass house you and the girls lived in ” ilsong wondered. you stopped for a second to think. now that he mentioned, you never knew what mr. kim work as and where he got those money from.

“ actually, ” you paused. “ i don't know either ” you looked at him as ilsong stared back.

you two stared at each other dead in the eyes before you coughed up and ilsong proceed to pat your back while laughing.

“ have you heard? ”

“ what? ” you scrunched your face as you swallowed the drink. “ seonghwa is coming back from the military ” ilsong told as your face lights up immediately. the youngest of the family was finally coming back.

“ oh wait, seriously?! ” you half-yelled, eyes wide.

ilsong gave a cheeky smile as you leaned against your seat. “ park ilsong don't you play with me. seriously? are you serious? he's coming back? from the military? ” you leaned closer to him.

“ can't you just ask all in one sentence? ” he joked before wincing when you smacked him. he nod aggressively, “ yeah, yeah he's coming back. can you stop hitting me? ” you clapped as your jaw dropped slightly.

“ when?! ” you yelled as ilsong covered his ears to prevent it from dying. he rolled his eyes. “ next two weeks” he told, trying to pry open a candy wrapper.