CHAPTER 9

Dawn was about to break. The small room was lit brightly by the white  and yellow lights. Two young men were sitting on the couch. One of them was getting his wounded shoulder bandaged by a doctor while the other one was glancing at his employer who was pacing back and forth in panick in front of them. The sudden bang of the only door of the room startled all of them. A tall muscular man marched inside in fury and punched the young man sitting on the couch next to the injured one. The young man fell down by the impact of the punch and blood began to oose out of his nose. But he was caught again by his collar by the same man who roared at him like a lion.

"How Dare You!!!!" His hold on his short tightened. "I asked you to shoot near her to scare her and not kill her. She would have died had I not reached there. Can't you do a single thing properly?"

He was about to punch him again but was stopped by the his friend.

"Relax Dev. Let's talk normally." He tried to relax his friend who was pounding on the young man like he was his prey. He knew that his friend would be upset because the plan was again not carried out as per his instructions. He was pacing in the room a while ago thinking about every possible way to calm him down but he did not know that it was impossible to leash a wild lion.

Dev let go the young man who sat down on the couch with a thud whimpering in pain cupping his jaw where a bruise had appeared already. The doctor who had just bandaged the wounded man immediately rushed to the young man and started to wipe his blood.

Dev closed his eyes and massaged his forehead to cool himself.

"Relax." His friend mumbled again patting his shoulder.

"How can I relax Lucky? She could have died. Can't they do a single thing properly. Another fail." He retorted.

Lucky offered him a glass of water which he gulped in one go. The cold water sooth his dry tongue and calmed his anger.

"Sorry sir. It won't happen again. I promise." The young man, whose jaw Dev had almost broken, spoke with difficulty.

"This is the last time I am forgiving you. One more mistake and you are gone." Dev threatened them and then motioned the doctor to treat them. Dev and Lucky moved out of the room and went inside a study. They both sat on the long back chair adjacent to each other with a coffee table in between.

"Relax Dev. She is alright. The plan wasn't a complete fail. It did bear a fruit." Lucky said passing the apple juice to Dev.

"I know. But it could have costed her life. I asked them shoot near her to scare her. But they missed the target and were about to kill her. Just that I reached on time." He said sipping his drink.

"She is safe. Our plan is successful. Other things don't matter. At least we did not fail completely like last time." Lucky spoke thinking about the attack they planned in the Jaipur market. They were sure that it would be a success but none of them expected Ahana, her bhai and bhabhi to fight this well and escape the trained men. With its failure, they had to opt for plan B. Dev had been disappointed by this. He did not want to make any mistake again. This is what made him so angry today despite the fact that they still got a satisfactory result.

"Right. Take care that everything goes as planned next time." He sternly told him.

"So, what did she tell you?" Lucky asked him filling his and Dev's now empty cup with more drink.

"Everything." He said and began narrating to him everything that happened after the incident.

Few hours ago, an hour after the incident.

Laxmi Niwas Palace, Bikaner

Ahana's suite

Dev, Ahana, Jaidev and Riddhi reached Ahana's suite after the incident. Many questions were running in their minds. The revelation of the bungalow had already shocked them and then the attack had totally shaken them. Upon that Dev's presence at the spot and his questioning gaze had numbed their already shaken brain.