CHAPTER 2

AHANA'S POV

Though the cold shower relaxed me, I was put in a fix after today's incident. It made me determined to unveil the person behind it. But I did not know where to start from. It was evening already and everybody was relaxing in their respective rooms but I was busy planning my next move. Sudden ringing of the phone broke my chain of thoughts. It was my best friend Mansi.

"Hey, are you okay? Bhai told me about the incident just now." she bombarded me with questions as soon as I picked up the call. She was Keshav bhai's sister so was bound to know about what happened today.

"Yes, I am alright." I replied in a low tone.

"If you are feeling down, we can meet at your house." she proposed sensing my foul mood.

"Hmm, but not my home. Let's meet somewhere outside. I badly need a change of air."

"Sure, let's meet at the Glitz cafe. It opened just a month back and my colleagues are busy singing its praises. Besides, its not far from our houses." she suggested.

"Sure, I will just inform mom. Will meet in half an hour."

"Yup, i will inform bhai too."

Ending the call, I informed mom about meeting Mansi and headed to the cafe in my car.

Spotting Mansi sitting at the corner table, I made way to her and was immediately engulfed in a bear hug making me almost fall. She began shouting(literally) about how much she missed me even though we met yesterday and how worried she was about me. Other customers gave us weird looks as if we were aliens. Giving them a sheepish smile, I calmed Mansi down and we sat at our table. Thank God, the cafe wasn't crowded or with the way Mansi was behaving, we would have been kicked out this instant.

"It's good to see you safe. I was really worried when bhai told me about the attack." she began calmly this time.

"Ya, we all are fine but I wonder who is behind this." I said the same thing again, maybe for thousandth time since afternoon.

"Leave it na. It's for your and my father to find out."

"They know about it but won't tell us. I have been asking them from since God knows when. But they never utter a word. Now I had decided to handle it myself. I will find out who is behind all this and his connection with my family." My voice came out more determined than I actually was.

She choked on her shake when I finished speaking.

"Are you out of your mind. Pagal hai tu! Kyu baat ke peeche padi hai. Nahi bta rhe toh kuch reason hoga. Chod na."

"Kaise chod doon. Nhi chod sakti. Put yourself in my shoes. I stayed away from my brother for years. I was attacked. And this is the only thing I feel is the right one to do. My heart says this. And please don't tell this to anyone. They might not understand it."

Taking a deep breath, she uttered "Okay, do it if you think its right. I won't tell anyone. But keep updateding me about this. If I find you in any sort of danger, you will stop the search that instant and even tell uncle aunty about it."

"Okay, will do that."

"Hmm, but how will started your so called investigation?"

"Bas yhi soch soch kar to dimaag kharab ho gaya hai. Samaj nhi a rha."

"Ok..leave it. Think later. We came here to refresh ourselves not for this shitty talk. Let's live life" she said in her famous 'Mansi Shergill doesn't give a dammn' accennt.

What followed next was a round of gossips with cheesy sandwiches and chocolaty milkshakes. I did not notice the ambience before but the cafe was cozy with delicious food. The wall with beautiful quotes written on it caught my attention. The sitting area with fluffy couches attracted comfort. A separate corner with even more comfortable seating and a book shelf with all my favorite authors made this cafe the best one I had ever visited. After a lot of gossiping and eating, we paid the bill and were about to leave the cafe when I was stopped by an unfamiliar voice.