➳ 𝟎𝟎𝟑. 𝐈𝐈

Start from the beginning

How he was able to read the oncoming spikes and shut them down with ease.

"Yeah!" he called out as he shuts down Tanaka's spike, ignoring the man's enraged look as he turned and hi-fived with Kuroo. His dark blue ocean eyes then laid upon [name], and he flashed her a peace sign, which her eyes widened as she slowly lowered her head as the blush appeared on her face once more.

"Ball!" and Haizaki winced in response as he didn't pay attention to the game, only to have Kenma serving the ball right in his face. He frowned as he rubbed his nose then, and he noticed how Nekomata, their coach, had a slight smile on his face.

"Haizaki..." he called out, and Haizaki lowered his head in apology then for his mistake. Yet, unknowingly to him, a particular first-year manager of the Fukurodani team was looking rather worried about him as she watched him rubbing his forehead with his fingers.

"Oh?! You managed to block our spikes but you couldn't block the oncoming serve!" Tanaka taunted, and Haizaki turned to look at him and narrowed his dark blue ocean eyes dangerously. Kuroo whistled out then and soon let out a snicker as he got into position.

Watching as Karasuno was preparing to serve.

"Nice serve!" and Haizaki noticed how the left was opened and he ran up there, allowing Kenma to set to him the ball. Only for Tsukishima and Tanaka to arrive, ready to block, but it ended up with Haizaki twisting his arm just a little as he spiked it diagonally crossed the court.

Earning a point for Nekoma's team once more.

"That was intense," Tanaka whispered out as he watched as Haizaki turned his back and walked away from the net, hi-fiving with Kuroo once more as he got ready to serve. He then jogged just as the ball was passed to him, and he bounced the ball a few times.

"Hey, Akane! Look who is cheering you on!" Bokuto's voice echoed through the gymnasium, and Haizaki turned to look. His dark blue ocean eyes held a soft gaze when he realized [name]'s hand was being raised by force by Bokuto, and her face was flushed red.

Haizaki then turned to start his serve, and [name] watched as he proceeds to toss the ball up with ease. Her eyes widened as he jumped and slammed the ball harshly, only for Nishinoya to miss just by a little, ending up the ball skid off his arms and went out of bounds.

"Out," and another point went to Nekoma.

Haizaki then hissed slightly in pain as he could feel the bruise that was about to come due to Kenma's serve earlier on. And he soon subbed out with Lev, allowing the first-year to play as he went to rest and wash his face.

He walked out of the gymnasium after grabbing hold of his water bottle, walking down the sheltered walkway as he knew all too well where he needed to go. He let out a sigh, turning the tap on as he was behind the block where the taps were often used for the garden hose to water the plants.

He squats down as he allowed the cooling water to run through his fingers, and proceeds to wash his face. Hissing slightly as there some sort of small cuts on his cheek that he didn't realise before and he let out a sigh.

Only to hear footsteps, did he turn to look as he shut the tap off. He blinked his dark blue ocean eyes a few times and then his lips curled up into a soft smile as he watched her coming closer.

"A-Are you okay? A-Akane-san?" she asked in a soft voice and Haizaki nodded his head, only to notice how she had a towel out and some sort of antiseptic cream in her hand. He let out a chuckle then as he stood up and walked over to the bench, sitting down on it did he motion for her to come over.

Which he was rather surprised that she obediently did so without question. He then watched as she held the towel out to him and he gladly accepted it, cleaning his face dry did he let out a sigh as he dreaded the need to put the antiseptic cream onto his face.

Yet, his dark blue ocean eyes widened as he felt the stinging pain of the cream against the small wounds, but also how [name] was gently patting it against his cheek and how she was blowing against it as well.

Hoping it would help to soothe the pain.

His heart pounded against his chest at the gentle touches of [name], and he remained silent, not daring to move as he was afraid he might disrupt her movements. Only to notice how her pink-tinted lips were then curled up into a smile and he couldn't help but let out a sigh.

"You are kinda cute, you know?" he spoke out and he watched as her cheeks flushed red at what he had said and she shoved him slightly, only for him to chuckle as he grabbed hold of her wrist gently and smiled.

"Baka, you are cute," he whispered out and stood up, walking away as [name] was left alone just as her face got redder then. She covered her face as she tried her best to squeal silently, and Haizaki stood at the shelter, watching and he could only chuckle.

"God damn it, why are you so cute?" he whispered out as he turned to walk back to the gymnasium, only to have a particular demon libero waiting there as he tapped his feet impatiently.

"And you went out to flirt?!"

"Oi! Don't kick an injured teammate!"

And [name] could only giggle as she uncovered her face and watched what was going on. Her hand resting on the wrist Haizaki had grabbed earlier, and the slight tinge of red still visible on her cheek.

Her heart skipping a beat at the way he laughed when Yaku missed kicking him, and how Kai had arrived to drag them back to practice. Shaking her head, just a little, did she place her hand against where her heart was.

"FALL FOR ME, OKAY?!" Haizaki's voice was heard, and her cheeks flushed red as he was dragged away once more, and she could only cover her face then as she tried to calm herself down.

----------

➸ 𝐓𝐨 𝐁𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐞𝐝...