talking with the captain

At the end of dawn, every morning, Sanji always had one question to answer: What should he cook for breakfast? Usually it was always the first thing that'd come to mind. What immediately popped into his head was grilled fish accompanied with miso soup. The cook liked that choice of food and exited out the men's quarter with joy. What really encouraged him to cook was to see his lovely ladies faces rise with delight.

By 7:30, he practically finished with today's breakfast. It was no surprise that Luffy was the first one to enter the dining room. However, the reason for it was not as expected.

In came his begging captain whose eyes were still groggy. He laid his head and arms onto the long table and groaned. Sanji was in the middle of plating; he was looking for the small bowls he had and glass plates in his upper cabinets. He also couldn't forget the silver tray he'd place Robin-chwan and Nami-swan's food on. "You're up really early. Your stomach couldn't wait?"

Luffy shook his head. "Nope, that's not why."

With an Asian soup spoon, he carefully scooped the miso soup from its pot to the multiple bowls for his crewmates. While focusing on his task, he asked Luffy, "Then what are you here for?"

Mugiwara pointed at the silver tray. "I wanna tell Nami that I made that for her."

At first, Sanji thought he was joking. Sure, he paused for a second but he then resumed his morning routine.

Luffy then got off of his seat and was behind his cook, peering from beyond his shoulder to see what exactly he was making. "...fish and soup? Hmm, it'd definitely impress Nami if I told her I made this!"

And when Luffy repeated himself once more, Sanji couldn't accept the bizarre idea. "Huh?! You shitty captain! I'm not letting you take any credit for my work!"

"Pleaseeeee! Captain's order though!" Luffy exclaimed with a huff.

Sanji hesitated to reply. "What? But-" There were little times Luffy actually declared that but never did he hear it towards Sanji himself. By this logic, Luffy would've chose to use that against him to eat more meals so why was it so different this time?

"Yup! Captain's order and you can't refuse it!" Straw Hat's grin widen as he watched Sanji's uncertainty. Luffy stood in front of today's breakfast and watched the steam from the soup rise into the air. "So I'll be taking this!" Attentively, the meat lover snatched away the cuisine and before rushing out the door said, "You can still give it to Robin y'know!"

That surprisingly soothed Sanji's rage as his captain raised a good point. At least he can hand his meal to one of the two beautiful women on board. After Luffy ran away, Sanji carried on with arranging each plate and tiny bowl in front of each seat along with metal utensils and napkins. But his peaceful work was abruptly interrupted by a giant, blue-haired cyborg.

"Sanji! I need to ask a favor!" Franky slammed the door open, causing the dishes to move a centimeter to the right.

It still infuriated Sanji that he almost ruined today's breakfast. "What is it?"

"Sorry, sorry!" apologized Franky as he closed the door softly behind him. "Listen, Luffy and I made a bet last night..." His eyes wandered to the busy kitchen counter, signaling Sanji's cooking done. A curse escaped his lips. "I was planning on helping you out this morning but my alarm didn't go off this time." He clapped his hands together to show how genuine he was being. "I swear I'll help you cook breakfast tomorrow so, just this once, can I please take the credit of making this singular meal?"

The swirly-brow cook crossed his arms and hummed. "Tell me what the bet is about."

"See who can make breakfast the best."