not lying

Luffy woke up to the smell of breakfast that morning. He also woke up on a bed he never had the luxury of sleeping on in this ship. The bed was soft and so were the pillows, definitely wasn't the hammock he usually always snoozes in. When he fully opened his eyes, wiping the sleep away, he realized he was in the women's quarters specifically on Nami's bed. During the night, he's pretty sure he was holding onto something. The spot next to him was empty though, nobody there. He frowned a bit. On one of her stands was a clock which read 7:00 am. He got up from his position and sat on the bed with both legs and arms crossed. He hummed, thinking why she was up so early. While thinking, food popped up in his head and he realized he couldn't think with an empty stomach. He raced to the door and slammed it open. Not a crew mate on deck, surely because they were at the kitchen eating Sanji's food. He then sped towards the kitchen's door, ready to throw himself inside and attack the cook to let him eat already. But he couldn't do what he wanted because it wasn't Sanji cooking, it was Nami.

Her head spun around, catching her captain's eyes. He stood at the doorway, a bit taken back and then fully closed the door. The navigator eyes widen at the man in front of her. "You're not suppose to be here yet." She simply told.

He approached her, walking as his sandals hit the wooden floor. He waited behind her and then peeked to see what she was making. Luffy celebrated in his head when seeing the making of omurice. He poked Nami's cheek, his way of catching her attention, and she turned to him. She blinked, not thinking he'd get so close. Her red face made him laugh and said, "You're the best, Nami!" He merrily made his way to one of the many seats the long table had and patiently stayed put, not causing any ruckus.

He's not rushing me or anything. She giggled while putting the egg on the glass plate. Completely different to how he treats Sanji.

She took the plate off the counter and placed the dish in front of him. She handed him the proper utensils. "I'm not Sanji or anything so I couldn't make you a monstrous amount of omurice." Luffy stabbed the fork into the egg and took his first bite. His bright smile told Nami she did well. She took the seat across from him and watched her captain happily eat away. That moment, she noticed he wasn't rushing to eat like with the macarons. With Sanji's cooking, he'd usually finish each dish with one gulp. Seeing him take the time to eat her food made her happy, truly. As she contently stared at the stabs her captain gave to the meal, she wondered about last night. Of course, she could've easily punched the rubber man out of there if she really didn't want him to stay. But she let him. Nami realized she's been making decisions that oppose her usual thinking. Take what Usopp asked; instead of normally punching him to avoid having that talk, she let it happen. Last night wasn't an exception either. He just walked in and slept beside her. Again, she let it happen. What changed? What made her change? Who knows.

"Hey, Nami?" He placed the knife and fork he received onto the plate. "When are we hitting the next island?"

She closed her eyes for a brief moment. "Before evening, most likely. The island accepts pirates so that's something to look forward to." The island was really just a plain town, living a normal life and letting pirates in whenever there was something they needed. But she's sure that the town has met rude crews before and wondered how difficult it must be to deal with them. Once again, last night's event lingered onto her mind, desiring to know what was Luffy's intentions. Asking him wouldn't hurt and technically she did ask him yesterday already, but he'll probably just give the same answer. It won't hurt to just ask. "Luffy." His gaze shifted to her. "Why'd you come yesterday?"

He left her eyes for a moment before meeting it again to plaster on a smile. "I just wanted to be with you."

The navigator sat still. That was a different response. It wasn't 'I wanted to see you' this time.