The Girl

Edited

After I got cleaned up. I stared to help around the shop. It was pretty quiet. Other than the girls that kept touching Zuko. I didn't like it one bit but unfortunately when I left he got over me. I guess he decided I was old news. I should get over him to.

"Hay Lee I need to talk to you!" A girl shouted. He had a fake name so he wouldn't get caught. Mine is just f/n since no one knows me. He looked away scratching his head "umm what is it?" He asked nervously. "I know what you said about not being able to be with me but I really really like you and the kiss was the best thing in my life." She said smiling.

I gritted my teeth and walked away. The shop owner sighed and turned to me. "Can you go get those plates for me. Lee seems to be busy right now" he said iroh chuckling. I nodded and awkwardly walked over there. I didn't want to go near them right now. I quickly and quietly grabbed the plates. Unfortunately Zuko caught me. "F-f/n you don't have to do that I'll get it" he said quickly. The girl glared at me. "No don't worry about it. The old man asked me to grab them." I said monotone. Ever since they found me I haven't really shown my emotions.

"Who is she?" The girl asked. I looked at Zuko "I was a slave for the fire nation but I escaped. The old man and lee found me. They took me in." I said quickly lying. "O my goodness that must have been horrible. I'm so sorry" she said puting her hand over her mouth. I just shrugged and walked off. They walked out said to talk. After a while Zuko came back in. He looked really sad. "You seemed to like her. Why do t you just go out with her?" I said genuinely confused. "You know who I am. Once she figures out she will run as fast as she can. All I can do is lie to her" he said looking down sad. I patted his back. "Look if she really likes you than she will understand or at least forgive you" I said even though I'm not to much of a fan of it. "Do you really believe there is love?" He asked genuinely. I thought for a second. "To be honest not really. How many girls did you think you loved so far?" I asked.

He thought for a second "three" he said. "And how many of them actually stuck with you?" I asked "one" he said looking away. "Really? Have I not meet her?" I asked. He looked at me dumfounded and started to laugh. "You have for sure." He said. "Do you still love her?" I asked. "I'm not sure" he said. Wait I think I know who he is talking about. It was Azula's friend. The one that is always monotone. What was her name? Ugg I don't remember.

"Why don't you believe in love" he asked. "I guess because the only time I really liked someone I was thrown away. After a second time I guess I just gave up on that whole idea."

I laid on the table. "Was one of those times your family?" He asked. I felt tears in my eyes. I turn away from him. No way in the world will I let him see me cry. "What was the second time?" He asked. He probably knows it but unfortunately I'm to much if a chicken to tell him straight up. "It doesn't matter. It's in the past. My focus now is moving forward. You should to" I said jumping off the table.

He followed me to our shared room. "F/n mind if I check you to make sure you have no wounds?" He asked. I sighed and nodded.

I lifted my shirt right under my breasts so he couldn't see anything. He touched my stomach." Does this hurt?" he asked moving around. I shook my head no. He went to my back and lifted the back higher. He pushed some more to try and find a reaction. Once he was done he just stared at the scar on my back. "Lee are you done?" I asked trying not to use Zuko right now. He snapped his head up and nodded. He let my shirt fall back down. He than touched my knee and ankle to she if he could find anything.

Soon he got done and we laid down. "F/n are you- are you sure your alright?" he said I shrugged my shoulders. He jumped on top of me. "Stop doing that!" He screamed. "What do you mean?" I asked trying not to show I was about to cry. "You've been acting all monotone since we found you! Just stop!" he said "and you have been glaring at me since I came here. I'm sorry I'm alive and here but I'll leave soon" he put his head on mine.

I couldn't help but let the tears come out. He stared into my eyes. He hugs me close to him. He was so warm and comfortable. "It's not that I don't want you here. I'm just struggling. Especially with what to do and when you came back things changed" he said. "Like what?" I asked.

"You know the girl I was talking about" he said. I had hopes it was me but I didn't want to get them to high. I let go and turn away. "Ya?" I said for him to continue. "Well she is ,y-mai I just-" he said. My heart sank but what was I expecting. "You were worried she'd get jealous?" I asked  he nodded. He probably just used me at the time as away to get ride of his feelings for her by accident.

Zuko's POV

What did I just say! I mean I know I still like mai but f/n has been the only one that stuck around. I think I love her so why did I say mai! I'm an idiot. "I guessed so" she said monotone again. My heart sunk to hear he speak like that. Uggg why is life so difficult! "Why?" I asked trying to sound calm. "Because you've always liked her and she likes you. You two are a perfect match... I think when you kissed me and my blood relatives place. You were just using me to get ride of your feeling to her." She said

That's not what I wanted to hear right than. I wanted her to tell me. She liked me or didn't want me to go back to mai.
Maybe I don't like her? Maybe I'm just using her to forget about mai? Maybe that's what I'm doing right now. I'm mixing the feelings up. I want to stop it right now! I don't want to hurt f/n! Even if I don't love her. She has been there for me forever. Her and uncle both have been there for me when no one else was. I don't know what to think right now.