Chapter Fourteen - Brother VS Sister

Start from the beginning

"Aurelia! I am so excited to see you show off in this competition but I am also so nervous... What if you get hurt or get a scar?" Eli was looking at me nervously from my side and the hand that was holding mine slowly increased the grip on it. I tried not to flinch at the pain I felt from his hold.

Eli was wearing a medium-length dress that had a layered skirt with a gathered waist and strap sleeves. There was a huge bow behind his dress that gave him the look of a cute doll. He had his hair in twin buns that were held together by some more bows.

"Don't say such things. I will be fine and I will be the winner of this competition." I struggled for a second to take my hand out of his and when it was finally freed I gave his head a light tap. That seemed to pleased him since a huge smile broke out on his face.

"I don't know, Lady Aurelia... What if you do get hurt? I won't be able to sleep at all if anything happens to you. I would slam my head into the ground until I am bleeding as punishment." Sybil came up to my other side and told me this with a serious look in his eyes.

"I rather you did not do that." I could feel a headache appearing as I dealt with these irreverent concerns. Why are they so concerned? Do they think I am that weak? I am not weak. I will be fine. I am fine.

"Just be careful... I don't want anything to happen to you." Mae was looking at me with worried eyes and I couldn't look her directly in her eyes, still feeling guilty about how I treated her before.

I didn't respond to Mae and left to the area where I would change into clothes that would be suited for the magic competition. I could feel that I was being stared at by countless people as I headed to the area and I forced the anxiety I was feeling down. I gave the people who were looking at me sharp looks and they all turned away with an ashamed look on their face.

Even though they were no longer looking at me I still felt like there were eyes on my body that wouldn't go away no matter how hard I tried. It felt like they were under my skin and wouldn't leave even if I took a knife to dig them out.

When I finally got to my changing area I went into the room and locked the door behind me. I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding. I could feel my heart beating against my ears and I forced it to calm down. When I felt I was under control I went to change my clothes.

I had a black crop top that was suited for fighting with a white undershirt that seemed like it added extra protection for me. I had breathable pants that didn't feel too tight or too loose on my body which was perfect for fighting. I had on flats that had a firm grip on the bottom on it so I didn't have to worry about accidentally slipping on anything. I finally put my hair up into a firm ponytail that wouldn't be able to come out during the fighting.

After I was finished changing I was doing a breathing exercise to get ready for what was going to happen soon. I was going to be fine. I am not going to lose. I am going to win. I am fine. Feeling that I was fully calm I felt a bit more at peace with myself. I still had my magic stone choker around my neck and I could feel a pulse go through it. It felt like it was encouraging me...

My eyes hardened as I went out of the room and went to go against the first person that I was assigned to in the competition. I am not going to lose against anyone and I will be the winner. It will be fine. Everything is fine.

As I went through the rounds fighting different opponents I realize that I am not good at close range fighting seeing as I was only focusing on getting better with my magic. This seems to be a weakness that I need to overcome. How can I be strong if I can't simply be able to fight people up close and personal?

Even though I was struggling with this problem of mine I was able to get through my many opponents with my magic and manage not to get hurt that badly. But, unfortunately, my stamina is not that great either. As I was fighting I could sometimes see Mae worried expression in the crowd and that push me not to lose any of my fights. I can't speak to her if I end up losing. I can't disappoint her...