Chapter 2: Don't walk, keep on Running!

"Run!"

I Said to myself in my thoughts as I jumped from the floating Pads, my mind was set on winning this game and nothing else, I can tell that the others were thinking the same thing as well due to their confident looks. The moment my shoes touched the metal ground, my mind automatically ordered my body to move with all my speed, or so I thought before I fell flat on the ground. I looked below me to see that I was wearing Figure skates instead of my regular black high-cut shoes.

"The heck?" I muttered to myself before attempted to remove it because I felt ridiculous but an announcer robot appeared before me and stopped me from my actions.

"You are not allowed to discard the random items you have chosen until you pass the path of choices! Sorry" The announcer bot stated before popping back down. I slowly stood up from where I sat, balancing myself, this would be useful if the road was ice...

"Great... My luck" I muttered

"Why?! How can I when I got Metal shoes?!" The bug complained to the announcer bot on his side before catching my attention. I guess I shouldn't complain knowing that he has it worst.

"Endure It, keep jumping," I said to him before looking over towards me. I stood steady before taking a deep breath and gazing over at the Cable car before my eyes flashed in bright red for a split second. I looked over at the Cable Line next to the metal road. Showing no fear nor hesitation, I jumped towards the Cable line with a death-defying leap, one false move, and I would certainly fall to my doom, considering that we are high up the clouds, but no. I made it to the cable line and railed my way towards the right pat, using my figure skates to rail across the steel cables, while jumping side to side to keep my course straight. I passed by the large tiger who seemed to be duked by the giraffe into switching his shoes for high heels, I stand corrected when I said his arrogance would lead to his downfall, he is quite clever. 

I jumped off the Cable line and landed on the concrete floor with my knees before slowly standing up as I gaze over at the Large gate before me along with a device that was in front of me. I pressed the floating hologram as It automatically selected a Path after the Long Cycle.

"You have chosen the path of Ice, The Path of ice is now open"  the Announcer spoke as the door opened before me, a surge of cold breeze blew from the inside but I didn't flinch while I just Gaze at the Icy blue path in front of me. Remember when I said it would be useful if the road was Ice? Well, I don't know how to Skate so... I kept falling and sliding as I made my way to the path.

Miyo's POV

At first, I hate the Item that I got, but luckily this Swimfin is useful in this Ice Path. Now that I got some time, I must plan my mission... Find what Charming Gold is hiding. I heard a noise from the back and when I turned around to see a penguin with a pogo stick, hopping his way towards me and before I knew it, he hit me which caused me to fall to the Ice cold ground. 

"I told you to move out of my way!" Said the penguin as he made his way forward.

"What in the world?!" I gawked before slowly standing up as I heard another sound from behind me, I turned my back to look and I saw that Mysterious bandaged man from before, trying his best to balance himself but kept falling. "Hey, do you need some help?" I asked though I don't know why I asked, I am not in the mood to assist anyone after what happened.

"No thanks... Just go" Said the bandaged man as he grasps his hands together before standing up. I didn't reply to him as I continued sliding towards the exit.

Mc's POV

"No thanks... Just go" I said the feline girl with beautiful pink hair. I am really lucky that she's here. I stared at her from behind and watched how she slide her way easily through the Path of Ice. My right eye flashed with a bright red color once more as I dashed my way through the Ice, skating side to side like a professional figure skater all of a sudden. I was catching up to the feline girl from earlier until the ceiling started to fall on us as if something melted them but I don't know what it is. I used my skills and Agility to swiftly evade all of them with ease, same goes for the Catgirl, her reflexes and reaction timing were perfect, I can tell that she was trained for this kind of Situation... So am I. Soon she made a Mistake and slipped, a large falling Ice debris was about to hit her but I stepped in and saved her at the last moment. Holding her around my arms before quickly letting her go as I panted after what just happened.

"You Ok?" I asked with a deep voice.

"Yeah, thanks" She replied with a stern look.

"Were you just pretending that you suck at Skating?" She asked with suspicion as I stared at her cute feline eyes.

"I never said I suck did I? and Thanks to the demonstration" I whispered which made her confused before I dashed past her and skated my way towards the exit at the end with her gaining at me from behind as things started to finally become what I expected it to be, a Race!

We made our way towards the penguin from earlier, jumping around on his pogo stick as we both looked over at him to see him holding a card that was on fire, probably the cause for the melted ceiling.

"Hey kid, stop playing with fire!" The catgirl scolded the penguin

"Here you take it!" The penguin tossed the card towards her, and before I knew it, they were passing it to each other as a game. At first, I thought this girl was serious but I realized she had an ignorant or a playful characteristic as well like that Bug kid, meaning the only danger here would be the monkey and the bug, seeing that the large tiger seems to be easy to manipulate. Eventually, she tossed the flaming card onto me, but as I put the fire out by compressing the card on both of my palms and throwing it back to the penguin.

"Both of you should stop playing with fire..." I stated before the light at the end grew brighter and brighter until we finally reached the exit. I jumped as far as I can and noticed that everybody just exited their paths like me and the other two. I soon realized that the shoes were gone along with the other's items as well. The female announcer announced something but I didn't pay attention as I just ran towards the top. I was shocked to see how high that the bug boy jumped and how fast that yellow impala is after drinking his green potion, I was right for not underestimating them from the start, they are quite formidable indeed. I let out a sigh before getting serious, the bandages on both of my hands slowly unwrapped themselves before they glowed it light blue as I whipped the extended bandages towards the path above me, the end of the bandage stuck itself at the path before using my strength to pull myself up and landed on top of the metal path. I jumped once more and whipped my bandages towards the upper levels and pulled myself up again in vise versa. I landed my bandages at the highest level and slingshot myself upwards, the moment I reached the peak, I can see the bug boy falling at a rapid pace at the Arc point, same goes for the catgirl who was sprinting towards it. I threw my tribal tag towards it with all my might, passing the bug boy and as it almost hit the arc point, the large tiger appeared after breaking the wall with his bare hands and slamming his tribal tag at the center with a powerful force wave that knocked back the girl and the bug boy along with my tribal tag. I landed on the hard metal floor, using my right hand to assist me from the hard impact as I gripped the cold metallic floor in anger that I was on. I lost the opening round, I regretted not giving me all from the start. I stared at the Victorious tiger before hearing the announcement as the Dome opened, exposing the outside of the arena where thousands of audiences were cheering for the Victor.

"The Opening games have now ended! The victor of the Opening Running Man Tournament is... Lonky!" 

3rd Person's POV

The winner of the opening games has been announced and the look on every contestant's face was shocked after hearing that the winner was Lonky. Kuga screamed in rage after seeing how Lonky cleverly switched his Tribal tag with his. The bandaged man laughed silently as he realized that this was just an opening game, meaning that there are still many games to play for him to get the chance to win the Fruit of the Soul Tree. 

"I guess that Giraffe's ability is either persuasion or cunningness... really interesting. Why am I so serious then...? I should try to enjoy it here as well, but... why do I feel like there is something more to this Tournament...? Whatever, I must win... to reclaim my right to go back home..."

To those who are a bit confused or confused about my writings and my Mc's ability, I am truly sorry, I am still learning how to write a literate story. and in the next chapter, it will be all about his ability and a hint to his past along with his appearance to better understand how he looks, after that then it's back to the story!