How could he be so stupid? The one time she called he yelled at her? What was wrong with him? 'Shit!'

It had been over three months since Emma left and Jonas had turn into a ghost of a man. He didn't smile, didn't speak to anyone much not even his own family. They were speaking to him again but he didn't feel anything.

He became reclusive and avoided any and every social situations. This one he had been unable to decline. His mom had planned an evening with just the family and she'd come by and cook a big dinner. Here he was sitting at the head of the table looking vacant as his family chatted animatedly. Conversation didn't hold much appeal to him so he ate small bites and looked on. Worried glances were cast his way repeatedly but he ignored everyone keeping his emotions in check. They were all trying to invite him into conversation but he just didn't feel anything. He could remember the last time he felt anything but pain.

Jonas wasn't stupid, he knew he wasn't well. No one should live like this, barely coping. It was not really living. He lost his wife and babies, the thought crippled him every time. What was going to happen to him? She left him behind and it hurt so much. So so much.

The investigator has been unsuccessful in finding her and he had just given up. With Jesse and Albert, it was useless. 'Yeah Jonas, do you remember when we went on that ski trip right before you left for the military?' Luka asked. Jonas looked at his younger brother. They had made up a couple weeks back at a barbecue his dad had host.

Before Jonas could put much effort into answering, the doorbell rang. He didn't expect anyone and his sister gave him a glare before she left to answer it.

A few minutes later he heard Ariel's voice as she chatted with Arlene 'Hey guys.' Jonas did not acknowledge her. He had been avoiding her, and really hadn't seen her since that day. He took a swig of his beer and looked straight ahead. His eyes connected with his fathers and he had to look away. 'Hi Jonas,' he gave her a mordant nod before taking another drink. The room was silent until his mom clapped her hands and issue out orders to get Ariel a plate.

'Why don't you sit next to Jonas...'

'No!' He muttered ignoring the shock faces. He and Ariel had been buddies for long; they were always closer than the rest.

To avoid the awkwardness, he guess, Ariel distracted everyone by railing about some non-sense. He was vaguely aware that she went and sits next to his sister two chairs down.

The dinner continued and he was getting fed up of everyone trying to pull him into cheerful conversation. The doorbell rang once before they heard the door opening.

Who the hell was that?

When he didn't move as fast, except for Ariel, his family all bustled up and ran past him. Jonas frankly didn't care as he left the kitchen and walked into the foyer with every intension of going to his bedroom. He heard excited screams and figure it was one of Arlene's friends.

He heard baby noises where everyone was crowded by the door. Jonas stopped, his heart jumping and making it impossible to hear. It was beating a rapid tattoo in his chest. He first saw Elizabeth being lifted into the air by Grant in her pink jumper and matching pink tam. Her hair was sticking out of it and the hat barely stayed on her head. Then he heard the excited squeal of Elle Rose as she was spin around.

His eyes watered as he stared at his daughters laughing in delight. Everyone then turn to look at him, joy plastered on all their faces. In one they parted so he could see Emma. A gasp escaped him as he took in how beautiful she was. She had cut her hair, once it had past her breast now it rest above it. He figured it would reach in the middle of her back rather than on top of her butt like before. She looked marvelously curved, as the weight she had gained from her pregnancy was now toned in all the right places. She still looked a little tiny though and oh so delicate. She was staring at him, her so beautiful face captivating him all over again.