Chapter 50

For the weeks that followed, Emma got settled, spending time with her family and letting them get reacquainted with the girls. She rarely saw Jonas except for his visits with the girls and she deeply appreciated the space. When he comes over, they talked and played with the girls. Emma was happy for the light atmosphere and that they weren’t arguing or at each other’s throats every minute. In fact they were acting like any normal family, not one that was about to break apart. Jonas complied with all her wishes of him and the terms of which he can visit the girls. He adhered to all her rules, he came when she wanted and left when she couldn't stand to be in the same room with him. He gave her space when she needed and the weird thing about it was that, anytime he knew she didn't want to see him he sent her flowers. Loads of it, along with candy. Emma knew he was trying to reconcile but she was not ready for that, and she wasn't sure if she ever will be.

Aside from the civility between her and her soon-to-be-ex-husband, she hangs with everyone just talking and catching up. What she got from everyone was what a mess Jonas was when she left. That was hard to believe since Ariel had actually been here when she first arrived. She learned that he drank constantly, missed tons of work and had- to simply put it-stop living.

But Emma steeled herself against everything.

She didn't want to think he had felt the same pain as much as she had felt- still feel. First of all he had to have feelings for her to let her leaving affect him. She had believed so before, believed that he cared for her, love her even but that notion was thrown out the window at the way he had treated her. And quite frankly you don't cheat on those you love, like seriously you love them for a damn reason! And he had made it perfectly clear how much he doesn't.

All she needed now was a new start. Starting with getting a house, with her money and on her own terms 'There are three bedrooms, three bathrooms, kitchen, dining and living space, wash room and there is also a basement and an attic.' The realtor announced, making the house sound like God himself lived in it. The lady looked wide eyed and eager and Emma shook her head looking around the empty room.

'This could work Emma,' her aunt Kelly said encouragingly.

'I don't know...'

'Oh come on...' Kelly threw her hands in the air 'Look Ms. Dares, could you give us a minute?' When they were left alone Kelly turn and glared at her 'So tell me what's wrong with this house now?'

Emma frowned 'It's just very... I don't know... it's beautiful for sure...'

'Why don't you just admit it?'

'What?'

'That your heart is still in #that# house... this is the 5th house we've looked at this week and you find a fault with every one of them but really you just want to go back to Jonas...'

'What? You are utterly wrong, I don't want to go back and I definitely don't want to go back to Jonas!' She yelled 'And just to prove it to you!' she called Ms. Dares and told her of her decision. 'Yes I will take this house...'

'Great, you can stop by my office and we can go over the paper work.'

Three hours later, Emma looked at the key of her new home dangling in her hands. She couldn't believe she had done it. It was both terrifying and exciting. After dropping off Kelly she had went into town and bough suitcases. With Arlene keeping the girls for the afternoon, she figured she would use the opportunity to get her stuff from Jonas'. Taking a deep breath she walked up the steps and opened the front door. As expected, she was met with silence because she had called Jonas' office and knew he was at work. Given how late he worked, she wasn't expecting him until maybe 4 or 5 hours, giving her ample time to pack her and the twins’ clothes and toys.