Chapter 32

'We have to get this one... and this one. Oh look at this.' Emma was giddy with excitement as she studied each outfit on each aisle of the baby store they were in. They were so cute she wished she could buy all of them. She was buying neutral colors though she did buy a few pink dresses. The trolley they had was almost full and yet it seemed she didn't have enough. They already had everything on their list and were now just browsing

'Put it in the trolley. Anything you want...' Jonas said grinning at her.

'Can we get the whole store?' She joked taking up more onesies.

'Sure baby...' Emma chuckled.

They move through the store gathering more clothes, blankets, bibs, toys and everything else they might need. By the time they were finished and at the checkout point they had a full cart and with another half. Emma yawned behind her hands; damn she was tired all day shopping starting to take a toll on her. Jonas wrap his hands around her waist 'Go and wait in the car baby.' he kissed her forehead. Emma smiled and took the keys he handed to her.

The car wasn’t parked too far and in minutes she was there. Once inside the car she sighed and rests her head on the car seat. The day had been fun, she enjoyed time spent with Jonas and appreciated his attentiveness and understanding while shopping. She had gone a little crazy more than once in one of the stores and Jonas hadn’t gotten impatient with her. Again Emma found herself smiling as she recall everything they bought and couldn’t wait for her babies to come so she could dress them up. She caressed her stomach as she watch people pass by on the outside and in seconds felt her eyes droop.

She groaned when the insistent knocking started. Rubbing the sleep from her eyes she quickly remembered where she was as she looked to her window to see Jonas standing outside. She blushed and hurriedly opened the door for him. 'We'll be home soon...' he said once inside the car.

Twenty minutes in the drive, Emma's stomach growled 'I could eat a cow right now, can we get a burger.' He smiled adorably at her before making a U turn. They pulled up in the drive through at Burger King 'Can I have a king size burger, 2 large fries and large strawberry milk shake please?’ She ordered leaning across Jonas ‘Do you want anything Jonas?'

He looked at her weirdly before ordering a burger and sorrel juice. Did he think her greedy that she ordered that much food? Shame filled her and she sank back into the seat. Driving up a little they collect the food at check out 'Here you go.'

She sniffed and took the bag. She was starving and she hadn't eaten since lunch 'Emma? What is it?'

'Nothing...' her lips were trembling as she ate her fries. She could feel his eyes on her before they pulled out of the drive way.

'Emma talk to me,'

'It's just... you think I'm greedy because I ordered too much food.' The tears she held in spilled over when he started laughing.

'Don't be ridiculous.'

'This is your fault!' Emma yelled pissed off now

The grin on his face got her even more upset 'What is baby?'

'Don't call be baby. I'm not your baby! I can't even eat a burger without you calling me fat or greedy.'

'Hey, I did not say that...'

'You didn't have to! You put these babies inside me Jonas and I'm going to eat what I damn well want. And you can't do anything about it...' She stuffed her face with fries to prove her point.

He chuckled again and Emma had to bite her lips to keep from screaming at him 'I think your hormones are acting up...'

'Oh now I'm an emotional bitch?'