Emma held her breath and about to hang up she heard her name 'Emma? Emma! Is that you?' She wanted to slam the phone down and end the call but Hanna's desperate voice pulled at her heart 'Yeah, it's me,' she whispered. Tears came into her eyes when Hanna started crying and telling her how everyone missed her. Does that include Jonas? 'I’m fine and the babies are fine. And you?'

'I’m fine honey, Billy misses you and the girls so much Emma. Please why did you leave?'

Emma shook her head. It was still too painful to even think about 'It doesn't matter.'

'W-Will we ever see you again? What about our grandchildren?'

Emma knew it was selfish to keep the girls from them but what could she do? 'Look I got to go okay. I miss you and I love you all. Please don't tell Jonas I called.' With that Emma ended the call. She threw the pillow over her head cursing at her stupidity. Maybe she shouldn’t have called. The babies started crying beside her and took them up. They stare up at her as if they could sense her sadness, maybe the can.

She couldn’t wait for the day she can think about her husband without wanting to fall apart.

Jonas stared at Hanna, anger radiating off him 'If I had given you the phone then she would have hung up.' She explained pleadingly.

'I don’t care! You should have let me hear her voice! Anything!’ He was pacing and breathing hard ‘have you been speaking to her behind my back?' He growled.

'No this is the first time she's called and she told me not to tell you...'

Jonas ran a hand through his hair 'Great that's just fantastic.' Sighing he dropped himself on the stool. He had been visiting his mom, thinking he would be nice and have lunch with her 'Is she okay? Did she sound okay? What about the girls? Did she say when she's coming back?' He threw the questions one after the other now desperate for answers.

Hanna shook her head went about making sandwiches 'She sounded fine and she said the girls were okay. She didn't say anything as to why she left and definitely didn't say when or if she was coming back.' Silence reined for a while 'I didn't understand how she can just leave like that. Didn't she know we all loved her, she took my grandbabies,' she was chopping the lettuce rather harshly and Jonas went and took the knife from her before she hurt herself.

'I’m sorry mom.' he hugged her. His dad walked into the room and he left him to comfort his mom.

Jonas drove home, there he host a bottle of scotch and before long a couple drinks turn into many and then he was out cold.

The next day at work he was in a meeting when his phone rang. Distracted, he answered it 'Excuse me, Hello?' No one answered and he was about to end the call when he heard her.

'Hi Jonas,'

He tensed and listened carefully 'Emma?' He whispered barely believing it was her 'How are you?' He signaled for the men to leave and he sighed with relief when he was left alone.

'I just called to let you know the babies are fine and not to worry.'

'Emma, tell me where you are?' He forced out. He was getting angry. He missed her and this was becoming ridiculous.

'No Jonas. It's for the best that we don't see each other or be with each other.'

'The best? How does you keeping my babies from me the best?! I want my kids Emma! I want my wife back!' He yelled.

‘I-I…’ and the only thing he heard after that was the beeping of the dial tone in his ears. He slammed the phone down, next his head on the desk.