2: Night of The Comet

Start from the beginning

Damon got out of his car and made his way up the porch of a small home. Before he could even knock, the door opened and he came face to face with Sheila Bennett.

"There's only one reason you'd be at my doorstep right now." She said as she glared at the man up and down.

"I need to know." Damon said as he looked down at her.

"I won't be inviting you in, so get comfortable." Sheila said before stepping back into her home.

After a few minutes she returned with an image in hand. She handed it to Damon and his eyebrows quickly furrowed up.

Novalie 1298

"Wait..." Damon said before Sheila quickly cut me off.

"She's a doppelganger." Sheila said with a sigh as she pointed to the picture Damon had in hand. "If you're here at my doorstep, it's because you've felt the immense pull towards her. The feeling of wanting to drain every ounce of her blood." She added getting Damon to look down at the image that looked exactly like Eliana.

"Why do I feel that way around this particular girl?" Damon asked the witch who simply held her head up high.

"She's the first doppelganger of Novalie. A powerful immortal that once walked this earth." Sheila said as Damon furrowed his eyebrows.

"But why do I feel this way? Why me?" Damon quickly asked as Sheila shook her head.

"It's not just you. Why do you think your brother has an interest in this girl as well? Any vampire that gets near her will feel the pull. Will feel the sudden urge. Which is why you and your brother need to leave Mystic Falls." Sheila demanded with her head held high.

Eliana walked through the halls of Mystic Falls High School

Eliana walked through the halls of Mystic Falls High School. She was heading towards her locker to gather her things for cheer practice when suddenly someone joined her walk.

"Eliana." The younger Salvatore said getting Eliana to have a small smile form on her face.

"Stefan." Eliana said getting Stefan to smile softly.

"Where are you headed after school?" Stefan asked as they arrived at Eliana's locker.

"Well I have cheer practice in a few." Eliana said as she went to open her locker.

"Bummer." Stefan said with a fake disappointed look. "I was going to invite you to the Grill." He said catching her by surprise.

"We could go after if you'd like." Eliana said getting Stefan to smile with a nod.

"Yeah. Totally. I would love that." Stefan said as Eliana put her books into her locker and took her cheer bag in hand.