Prologue

2nd May 1998

It was the day the second wizarding war ended. The day the Harry Potter defeated the dark lord . The day the death eaters fell.

Durmstrang institute of witchcraft and wizardry,
Russia

The death eaters had surrounded the magical institution . The protection charm placed around them had slowly started to wear out. The spells casted by the death eaters had begun to pierce through the shield.

The aurors as well the teachers and students had taken their stance to fight to death . She was among them , one the finest students of the Durmstrang institute . As much as she dreaded this moment, she had anticipated it .

It begun, the fierce duel of wands. The death eaters were clearly overpowering them. She was putting her dueling skills to an extreme display and took down one of the them. She heard a loud pitched scream of her transfiguration teacher. She ran to rescue her teacher.

But, the spell had shot Mrs.Blackkinon right in the heart. She continued the duel. But she was losing in the unfair two against one.

Trying to use her surroundings to her defence ,she ran into the western tower and halfway up the staircase and hid ina corner out of sight . There were footsteps coming up . She immediately launched attack . And she was on the winning side. But one death eater suddenly blasted the wall causing debris to rain down upon her and slashing her forehead badly.

So, this is how I'm gonna die she thought as her vision got blurry .

Before she passed out she saw two aurors rushing in to fight them . The injury was critical. But she was not going to die like that.

Not when the answer she was thirsting was only at her hand's reach .

'Vulnera sanetur' she muttered pointing the ward to the deep gash on her forehead. The wound began to heal and close .

"That was some quick healing", said one of the aurors helping her up of . She noticed that the death eaters were taken down. The three of them proceeded further fending off any death eaters they saw. Slowly, the aurors and students were taking the upper hand and were rounding the death eaters into the main hallway

Suddenly, many of the death eaters yelled and dropped to the ground .

And just moments later a beautiful white patronus of a lynx floated into the hall

The swirling mist announced in a loud calm voice

" Voldemort is dead . The boy who lived has triumphed.

The war is over "

She heard her friend Eliza squeal her eyes brimming.

The aurors began to handcuff all the followers of the dark lord .

Many of those who fainted claimed they were under the dark lord's control but the ministry took them into custody for further investigation.

Those who were hurt and wounded were brought in stretchers. She looked around the hall.

There was no major damage there, except for the statue of their founder which had been reduced to rubble. She wanted to take a closer look.

Unknowingly her steps began to speeden and her heart began to race .

The answer to her question.....

She began to move the rubble trying to find it

The secret the statue had safely kept away for years .

" What are looking for?", a student passerby asked.

She quickly thrust her wand into her cloak and answered

"Oh .. I.. lost my wand somewhere around here . Trying to find it "

"Oh ok", the student nodded and left .

Even though she was one of the best witches in Durmstrang , she was not quite the one for making friends and Eliza Blackinnon was probably the only one she had .

As she fumbled about, she felt something leathery, something softer than rock . She slowly tugged at it . It was an old fashioned diary as excited as she was she was anxious.

Whatever secret the diary held ...

It might amaze her or it might as well as destroy her .