Chapter 13 | Cats & Dogs

Start from the beginning

Izaya stared at the two silently, he didn't want to interrupt since he's really getting interested. He smirked and chuckled lightly. Shizuo ignored the informant's chuckle, all he could ever think of is: what should I do?

She breathes out through her nose while wiping the tears stained on her cheeks, "Forget it."

She slowly stood up, holding her injured arm; she smiled brightly but behind it was real pain.

"Goodbye."

Shizuo's eyes went all wide when he heard her say that. It was the same word she said back when she left; as Hikaru turned, Shizuo ran to her and embraced her back tightly. His strong arms around her shoulders, his lips rested the back of her head and his eyes were shut tightly.

"I'm sorry." He whispered.

Thump. Thump.

Time seemed to stand still for a few moments; all she could ever hear is the pounding of her heart. More tears streamed down her cheeks, she bit her lower lip and looked down.

He tightened the hug even more, "I said I'm fucking sorry!"

"Oi," Izaya interrupted, pointing his flick blade to Shizuo, "she's mine."

Thump. Thump.

Hikaru's heart raced even more, her cheeks burned red. Slowly Shizuo loosened the hug, he pulled away and turned to Izaya with a scary smile.

"You little piece of--"

Just when everything was getting interesting, the sound of a neighing horse pierced the air. It's our one and only, Celty. She watched the whole scene and now it's her role to save Hikaru. She scooped up Hikaru from her feet and placed her on top of the bike, putting a black helmet on her.

'You idiots should give the girl some space.' She typed.

"Oh Celty, give me back my waifu!" Izaya whined childishly.

'Izaya stop acting like a kid.' Celty replied but Izaya just smirked.

Hikaru took a glance of Shizuo and he didn't look too well at all. Perhaps, he wasn't content with his apology or maybe, he still hasn't heard her say 'I forgive you'. Either way, Shizuo has agreed with Celty on this one and Shizuo didn't even bother to chase the flea this time. Guilt built up on him, and he would prefer to stay in home. On the other hand, Izaya's jacket is still with Hikaru and Izaya had to go back to his apartment freezing, but it was all worth it.

~

December 11, 2014

12:36 pm

'Hoshi-chan, are you mad at me? :C'

'Hoshi-chan, don't ignore my messages.'

-Knock Knock-

"Who is it?" Hikaru asked out loud.

"It's me Shinra."

"Come in!"

The doctor let himself in, he closed the door and bowed his head, "I'm sorry for interrupting your break time, Sora. But someone is here to talk to you." He said scratching the back of his head.

Hikaru remained silent, she knew who wanted to talk to her and it's no other than Shizuo. She faked a smile and replied, "Can I talk to him when my job as your servant is over?"

Shinra nodded in agreement, "Say, what happened?"

"N-nothing, Shinra-sama. It's just something stupid." She utterly reply.

He tilted his head in confusion, but he gave his biggest and friendliest smile, "Hikaru. I've been friends with Shizuo ever since I was young. And I can see that he's sincere about this. You've been acting so weird lately. I think it's time for you to open up to us. Celty and I are your friends."

Hikaru looked at him for a brief moment; she smiled sweetly and nodded, "Will do."

~

8:00 pm

"What do you want?" Hikaru asked looking at the man who is leaning on the wall. Between his fingers is a cigarette; he inhaled the smoke and exhaled it. He threw it to the ground and stepped on it.

"Come with me." He says blankly. He gestured her and brought her to the place, he wanted to show her. It took them about ten minutes long and they've reached their destination.

'Raira Academy?' She questioned to herself. A few minutes later, the two managed to enter the school without anyone knowing; they went behind the school, under a tree. Shizuo started digging up a hole, taking the snow off and not minding the coldness.

She watched as he dug up a hole. When he saw the box he stopped and paced out. He frowned sadly and looked up at Hikaru.

"Hikaru, in this box is Tuna." He said his voice soft and gentle.

Her eyes widened, she couldn't believe that he actually took care of 'Tuna'. Tuna is the stray cat Hikaru and Shizuo found when they were young; they gave him a home and gave him all he needs. But since Hikaru's father is allergic to cats, Shizuo has to take it home with him. Tuna is a fat orange tabby cat that used to be afraid of Shizuo, but end up warming up to him. Shizuo took care of Tuna very well, but his life ended after a few years. The fact that, Shizuo has a soft spot after all, made her smile; she knew that there's still the piece of him, the one piece she fell in love with.

Hikaru bent down to his level, smiled and said, "Tuna is probably happy because you visit him often."

Shizuo had a crooked smile on, but was glad to see that she's smiling again. She furrowed her eyebrows, "Don't give me that look."

She punched his shoulder playfully and giggled. But looked down to where Tuna is buried, "Rest in peace, Tuna."

The two of them started digging it in again and flattening the dirt. While patting the dirt, Shizuo looked straight into Hikaru's hazel brown eyes. He grabbed hold of her wrist and slowly said.

"I'm sorry, Hikaru."

Hikaru gave a close-eyed smile and the smile lasted for a good minute, "Apology accepted. You're forgiven."

A huge amount of weight left Shizuo's shoulders; he could finally breathe without guilt building up. He yanked her sleeve so that she could go closer to him; he puts her head on his chest and planted a small kiss on her head.

"Thanks, Tuna." He murmured under his breath.

Author's note:

And there you have it! The update you've all been waiting for. Now for the Q&A.

For Hikaru-chan from @mrs_orihara :

Q: Do you like Izaya-kun?

Hikaru: *cringes* Well • • • Izaya is a creep also a pervert and oh! Oh! He's also so damn weird. But . . . He can be sweet at times. Well I guess, I like him as a friend.

Izaya: *sulks at the corner*

Another question from @mrs_orihara :

This one is for Shizu-chan.

Q: Were you spying on Izaya and Hikaru the whole time?

Shizuo: *glares* No. And if I was, I would have killed that flea for touching Hikaru.

Next questiom from @DesertButterfly

For Izaya~

Q: Do you love Hikaru or me?

Izaya: *smirks* as you know, I love my humans, I love them equally. (Except Shizu-chan of course.) But Hikaru caught my eye, and she's mysterious and I like that. She's interesting and I can't wait to know more about her. Aha-ha-ha-ha! But since you included yourself in this question. ^__^ I'm still getting some information, Patricia.

A question from my friend but she refuses to let others to know her name.

Q: I thought Hikaru killed her dad, why is he still alive? = 3 =

Me: Well on the next chappies, I will be explaining what she hit. (Don't you think of anything green you perverts.)

Well that's all! Ja~